Auction - IAP Quilt - COMPLETED

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Upcoming Auction: Custom, One-Of-A-Kind, IAP Quilt

Coming up for auction is a generous gift from Wayne and Vicky Winkelman - a beautiful, large, handmade, woodworking-themed quilt. The quilt is cotton with a poly fiber fill, and measures 85" x 102" Once the auction opens, perhaps Wayne can give us more information. I know a bit about quilt making, so I can appreciate the tremendous effort that goes into a piece like this.

Thanks Wayne and Vicky!

IMG_8165.jpg IMG_8166.jpg IMG_8167.jpg

IMG_8168.jpg IMG_8170.jpg IMG_8171.jpg

IMG_8173.jpg IMG_8174.jpg IMG_8175.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
After a trying couple of days, it's time for my old rear end to hit the sack. I suspect you guys will have some fun while I'm asleep and I hope to wake up to great things. Have fun and be well all. See you all first thing in the morning. Thanks to all that have bid tonight, you guys are the best.

Last edited:
Alright folks this is still up for bids. These quilts easily go for upwards of $1500.00 and more.

This is a handmade, handstitched quilt that is a one of kind.

Just think of how warm and cozy you can be under this!!!!

Last edited:
Ok folks I'm headed to bed for the night. Don't forget, this a wonderful handmade quilt that Vicky worked her heart out for. See you all in the morning.

stonepecker

Just a heads up......The Embroidery Princess spent days looking at things for each of the panels. Then she had more days to doing the embroidery on each panel. Then and only then could she start putting things together by hand. Once she had the full size cover, then she had to put everything together on her loom and start stitching everything together. Once that was completed, she still had to machine stitch the edges.

I know she has well over 80 hours of time in to this quilt. I know that it was made with care and will keep someone extremely warm on these cold nights. This is her way to support the IAP. Can you show your support by placing a bid today?

Thanks

Lucky2

WOW, I won, that's terrific news, I just barely found out. I bought a new place, and I had no internet or any other way to connect for a few days. So I didn't know about winning until just a few minutes ago. Thanks goes out to Wayne and Vicky, and I want them to know that I will cherish this quilt. And I also want them to know, that I do realize all of the work that goes into making a themed quilt. Which is why I'm so surprised, to have won with such a low bid. I will use this quilt on a bed in a spare bedroom, it will be the center of attention in that room. I will decorate to compliment it, even though it looks quite nice on its own. It is hard to express how pleased I am to have won this beautiful quilt, but I am pleased very very pleased. Thanks to everyone involved in this auction, I am so grateful.

Len

Top Bottom