Auction - Geo. Washington Blank - COMPLETED

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Through the generosity of [profile]Edgar[/profile], we have up for auction a George Washington Horse Chestnut blank. This historical piece of wood is from the last of 13 trees George Washington planted in Fredericksburg, Virginia, to represent the original 13 colonies of the United States. The tree was removed in 2004, and for a time the wood was made available by Historical Woods of America. They no longer offer the wood, only finished goods (including $400 pens!)

Edgar is providing the blank, as well as a Black Ti & Chrome Jr. Abraham Rollerball kit with bushings. The blank measures 7/8" x 7/8" x 4-15/16" and comes with the certificate of authenticity you see in the photo.

Win this auction and you can have a piece of American history, and make a first class pen!

THANKS, Edgar!

attachment.php

GW-cert.jpgGW-kit.jpg

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Attachments

• GW1.jpg
    GW1.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 871
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Alright folks here we go! Thank you Edgar, for this truly rare and wonder piece of history.This auction will run until Thursday at approximate 7 PM. Well, looks like Wolf Creek Knives was quicker on the draw than I was at typing. Tom has the high bid at $50.00, Thanks Tom. Do I hear $100.00?

Last edited:
And we have our first gauntlet of this auction thrown down by JessePens at $150.00, Thanks Jesse. Do I hear $200.00 for this fine piece of history?

greenacres2 is back in at $190.00, thanks Earl, you might ask the neighbors if they have any extras they're needing to get rid of...

Okay you guys are getting fast. gr8macbeth brings us up to $225.00, thanks Joe. Can I get a $250.00?

Last edited:
Alright folks, I'm going to see if I can't find a soft pillow for the night. DavidD still has our high bid at $250.00 for this historic and rare blank with added kit.

Richard shows us how it's done at $300.00, thanks Richard. Can we get one for $350.00?

That's a good question, Richard. I've seen some of the pens on the website and they do look good.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

Attachments

• George Washington Horse Chestnut.jpg
    George Washington Horse Chestnut.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF4302.jpg
    DSCF4302.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCF4299.jpg
    DSCF4299.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Here's another idea for a superb presentation box to go with a pen made from such a rare, historical blank:

This pen was made by Jon Piper (Goodturns) about 7 years ago. The box was made by Ken @ Kallenshaan Woods. Jon's original post is here:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/setting-president-79856/

Don't be shy folks - you too could create an heirloom masterpiece like this and help support IAP at the same time.

Edgar

Attachments

• gw w cert.jpg
    gw w cert.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 183
  • gw set.jpg
    gw set.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 216
  • gw in box.jpg
    gw in box.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 209
Good morning all. Just a reminder this auction ends tonight around 7 PM. This could be your last chance to own a piece of American history that was planted by the first president of our country and help out the IAP at the same time!

Just a little over 2 hours left on this auction. Don't miss out on this historic blank and pen kit that Edgar donated. Get in here while there's still time left.

That's a good question, Stretch. I don't know the answer to it, so I'm going to hold the auction open for another hour or so, to see if we can get an answer to it and I'll also send a PM to Edgar and see if he can answer that.

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
The blank is not stabilized. Personally, I don't think it is necessary, but that would be a personal preference & decision.

It is fairly light, but it seems to be quite solid & not likely to blow apart with careful turning, but again, it's a personal preference.

Edgar

Top Bottom