Auction #6 - Omas Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Remember folks, it's not often someone will get an opportunity to own a pen that came from one of the folks who started this entire community that we all enjoy so much. Feel free to raise any bid you see here.

I am the happy owner of a pen that Scott previously donated (2 years ago) to "the cause" and that I won in auction for "the cause". :):)
The pen is a Parker 51 with a "Binderized" stub profile nib. :biggrin:

bobleibo

Ladies and Gentlemen, it seems that most folks have turned in for the night so we will leave you
to post bids thru the night and will pick this up again in the morning.
Good night everyone~

bobleibo

Wait! We have Vic bidding at $275. What a great way to sign off for the night.
Thank You Vic!
We are now ready for someone to take us to $300 ~​

darrin1200

I wish I could put in a bid for this. I am very young in the collecting world but my bank just cant take a purchase like this right now.

On a side note, it has recently been reported that Omas is closing down, and will no longer be producing pens.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I wish I could put in a bid for this. I am very young in the collecting world but my bank just cant take a purchase like this right now.

On a side note, it has recently been reported that Omas is closing down, and will no longer be producing pens.
Thanks for your input Darrin. That should increase the value! :wink: Sorry you're unable to bid.

bobleibo

Sorry to hear you're grounded Gordon.

For the rest of our folks out there, who's ready to take it to $300 for this special collectors pen from our IAP co-founder?

bobleibo

Shhhhhh, don't anyone say anything about Tom bidding

$375

I won't say a thing except ....thank you Tom!

It's 4:00 back east so who wants to round out the afternoon with a bid of $400 ?

Last edited:

Scott

The OMAS OGIVA has been around since the 1920s...can we get a time frame of when this one was manufactured?

Hi Smitty!

This pen is not an antique. A rough guess would be sometime in the 1990's. The material used in this pen was pretty prevalent during that time frame. I think that if Jeff sent me the numbers on the label on the box, I could maybe find out.

Scott.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
The OMAS OGIVA has been around since the 1920s...can we get a time frame of when this one was manufactured?

Hi Smitty!

This pen is not an antique. A rough guess would be sometime in the 1990's. The material used in this pen was pretty prevalent during that time frame. I think that if Jeff sent me the numbers on the label on the box, I could maybe find out.

Scott.
Thank you, that answers what I was wondering.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
It looks like the bidding has slowed down sufficiently enough for me to call it a day. My Boss Bob may stop by this evening. Feel free to place your bid in our absence.

Thanks to all and, I will be back in the morning. Good night!!

Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member

Hi Smitty!

Scott.

Here is the label

attachment.php

The Omas URL is printed on the two enclosed booklets. The domain omas.com was originally registered on Dec 5, 1995. That would likely make it no older than 1995.

Attachments

• IMG_1602.JPG
    IMG_1602.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 266

bobleibo

It looks like the bidding has slowed down sufficiently enough for me to call it a day. My Boss Bob may stop by this evening. Feel free to place your bid in our absence.

Your WHAT ????? Ha!
Anyway, I'm still here if anyone of you folks want to bombard me with bids. Go ahead, give 'em to me. Tom is still on top at $375.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Hi Smitty!

Scott.

Here is the label

attachment.php

The Omas URL is printed on the two enclosed booklets. The domain omas.com was originally registered on Dec 5, 1995. That would likely make it no older than 1995.
That might just mean they were pretty early in getting their domain name. In 1995 modems were slow, cable connection to the internet almost non existent and internet shopping was really just getting going. That was the year eBay was founded. So it could be earlier I think. But it has about is passed my pocketbook so the point is probably moot.

bobleibo

We'll pick up the action again in the morning and be ready for all of you bidders to be knocking on the auction door.
Good night everyone~

SteveG

Some reviews of this series of FP from OMAS make mention of the cap threads being situated right in the middle of the section, which means those threads will likely be right in your grip when writing. It seems to be a departure from the most common choices for where to locate those threads (i.e. one end or the other of the section). Just a point of interest and uniqueness for this pen as I consider further bidding on this pen. It has obviously been well accepted as the design series seems to be a success.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

Your WHAT ????? Ha!
Anyway, I'm still here if anyone of you folks want to bombard me with bids. Go ahead, give 'em to me. Tom is still on top at $375.
Good morning Bob and everybody! Early to bed...early to rise! :biggrin:

Thanks Jeff and Scott for providing Smitty's information he requested. Thanks for your input Steve! I hope you will consider a bid.

Tom is still high bidder at $375.00 Who will raise the bid today?

bobleibo

Did everyone see the date/time stamp on Chucks' post above?

He was up at 5:00 this morning just to be ready for all of your bids.

Is that dedication or what?

Current bid from Tom is $375

Who's ready to show Chuck how much you appreciate his enthusiasm and
take us to $400 for this collectors pen from Scott?

Attachments

• PhotoFunia-1456360581.jpg
    PhotoFunia-1456360581.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Did everyone see the date/time stamp on Chucks' post above?

He was up at 5:00 this morning just to be ready for all of your bids.

Is that dedication or what?

Current bid from Tom is $375

Who's ready to show Chuck how much you appreciate his enthusiasm and

take us to $400 for this collectors pen from Scott?

My time notes "4:12 am"

He is such a good member here in the IAP........we should give him his own day. Something special ya know........Maybe like April 1st?
You guys just made my day! I had to wait till I stopped LMAO! :biggrin:

Top Bottom