Auction #6 - Omas Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

Congratulations Steve! That pen is going to make a nice addition to your collection.
Seems like a lot of stuff is heading your way.
We do have another IAP mug and some more chocolate being auctioned off right around the corner at Auction #7.
If you hurry, you can get in on that too. Just trying to help you out~

Thank you Scott for donating this collectors pen. A keepsake for sure.

Thank you bidders, join us over at auction #7

And how about that Auctioneer Extraordinaire Mr. Chuck! Nice job boss~

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I may be weak, but strong enough to put this fine pen in my pen collection box next to the Parker 51 that I took in the 2014 bash auction. Oh happy day! :cool::biggrin:
Congratulations - I decided not to compete because I don't have any commercial pens in my collection all are made by IAP members and I decided to stay with that. But you'll be happy to know you'd have won anyway.

SteveG

I may be weak, but strong enough to put this fine pen in my pen collection box next to the Parker 51 that I took in the 2014 bash auction. Oh happy day! :cool::biggrin:
Congratulations - I decided not to compete because I don't have any commercial pens in my collection all are made by IAP members and I decided to stay with that. But you'll be happy to know you'd have won anyway.

Thanks Smitty.

These (the Parker 51 from the 2014 Bash and this one today) are the only commercial pens that I have. The rest are PITH pens or ones I have made. So I am not really a "Pen Collector" as such. But I like to support IAP, which is where I learned to make pens that were good enough to sell, and then have done pretty well with it. :)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Thanks Smitty.

These (the Parker 51 from the 2014 Bash and this one today) are the only commercial pens that I have. The rest are PITH pens or ones I have made. So I am not really a "Pen Collector" as such. But I like to support IAP, which is where I learned to make pens that were good enough to sell, and then have done pretty well with it. :)
I guess I am not really a pen collector either in a classic sense of what a collector is. I got into this when I bought blanks from Herbie which at the time it finally died was the oldest American Elm (I think) in the state. I got Ed Brown to agree to turn the wood and assemble a Pen Pencil set. I next got an offer I couldn't refuse from Roy Robaldo who was just leaving the "tour" to start his business. Then I bought one of Gary Nichols watch face blanks and convinced him to turn a pen for me and I was hooked. I have well over 100 pens now, some bought, some swapped for and some just sent to me as gifts but all were turned by an IAP member. So I suppose you could say I am a collector of IAP members work (I have some bottle stoppers, a couple of key chains and one letter opener.

stonepecker

It does sound like we need to have an IAP Gathereing in Smitty's house. Over a 100 pens to look at and comment on.
I know he doesn't have the time but if someone is close by ...... Personally, I would enjoy seeing pictures of your collection Smitty.

Congrats Steve on the addition......a fine piece for you.

Top Bottom