Auction #2 - World Trade Center Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
AUCTION #2: [profile=skiprat]Steven Jackson's[/profile] World Trade Center Pen Set Ends around 9pm ET Feb 14

Steven has donated his absolutely stunning piece: Lower Manhattan - World Trade Center 1 & 2

THANK YOU, STEVEN!

attachment.php

wtc1.JPG wtc2.JPG wtc3.JPG wtc4.JPG

More of the story of this piece is HERE

Attachments

• WTC.JPG
    WTC.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,496
Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thank you Jeff! This will be the highest honor bestowed upon me since I joined IAP 2008!

Thank you Steven for, donating this set to benefit the IAP.

Who will start off this auction with an appropriate bid?

magpens

I'll put out $300.00

That's an incredibly beautiful and skillful piece of work, Skip !!!!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thank you very much Mal!
We are rolling !! :biggrin: Who will say $400.00 on this one of a kind set made by our own Steven Jackson?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Here is a little challenge for you to, give you an idea of what it takes to make a pen from stainless steel.

Get a 1/2" x 1/2" stock of SS and, polish all 4 sides to a mirror finish. :wink: That will be ONE piece :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Step right up! Don't be shy! You know you want this piece of Fine Art :wink: Find another one? I doubt it :biggrin: It took Steven DAYS to make this piece. AFTER...making a trip from Wales to New York.

Will someone break the $600.00 bid by Wayne?

stonepecker

CHUCK........... Quiet !!!!

Maybe they will forget
about this auction.
Besides,
They might be making pens
with the kids for the
Kids contests.

If I was running this auction
I would drop the hammer and say it was sold.
And then move to the next auction.

But that is what I would do if I was in change.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Wayne....it just doesn't work that way :rolleyes:

Now... would you like to raise your bid now or, after someone else does :biggrin:

Good luck with the kids entries

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
with great respect to Steven, the creator of this fine piece...$1000
WOAH!!!!! I didn't see that coming! Wayne distracted me for a minute. Sorry Wayne!

Thank you Steve! That's awesome!

The bid stands at $1,000 It's good to see the appreciation in Steven Jacksons artistry!

Waiting for the next bid!!:wink:

bobleibo

The MAN from the land of sun and sand has tossed down the gauntlet!! Wow, thank you Steve!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Ladies and Gentlemen, I will say "Goodnight" :biggrin:

Feel free to continue bidding and, we will be back in the morning with fresh coffee. :wink:

bobleibo

Steve
IF (big IF), after quite a few more bids, by some miracle you happen to win this stunning piece I wanted to offer my assistance.
We all know that people who live in the UK prefer that damp, cold, musty and rainy weather and would never want to go to Hawaii. Same goes for people like you who prefer that terrible sun and beach weather.
Since Mark James is taking the IAP collection and me with him to England as his luggage mule and carjacker, er, I mean Concierge and driver, I'll pick this up - AGAIN, you have to win it first - and deliver it to you in Hawaii. I just need to ask my boss Chuck for the time off from this job and to approve my travel voucher, but he wants pictures of some rock over there so I told him I'd do that too if he'd let me go.
Always willing to help
Bob

I like other parts of the country too, so who's ready to make Steve nervous and raise the bidding to $1,100 for this spectacular piece of art ?
Signing off, have to start packing. Feel free to keep bidding!
Good night everyone~

jttheclockman

Man I did not even get a chance to make a suggestive bid. Steven I love your work and it is worth every penny but it is out of my price range by a lot. Sorry. I do hope who ever gets this set appreciates the amount of work that went into it. The talent shows loud and clear but add the thought factor and the symbolism behind it makes it priceless. This piece will go down in the record books on this site as the most inspirational piece that has come through here. yes there have been top artisans work that have been auctioned off and brought top dollar but this carries with it much more and I believe the artisan has cemented his place in any hall of fame forum that is ever invented here. Truely a masterpiece.

Donating this work of art is in itself is a commitment to what we do here. Thanks Skip and good luck to all. I believe $2000 is not out of the question.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
:eek: Well guys....I'm gobsmacked !! :eek: I didn't imagine that it would reach these dizzy heights. In fact, my wife and I agreed that if it didn't do so good, we would bid just to keep it !!:biggrin:

Steve G is in a very commanding lead at the moment and I'm sure every member in IAP appreciates his generosity.

But....it ain't over till it's over, so they say...:biggrin:

So just to take the sting out of it a little, there is another, perhaps more practical pen as a freebie in the box. ( nothing special though ) All wrapped up and ready to go !!..

Thanks again :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Good Morning IAP!!! I see there have been some comments posted overnight. Thanks Tom, JT and Steven J. I'll have to find out what "Gobsmacked" means! :biggrin: Thank you Steve J. for making an additional offer. I would love to see that package opened.:wink: We stand at $1,000 bid with Steve G. on top. Who will make it $1,100?

stonepecker

Now there are THREE pens in the package.
:eek:
Let me think about this...........:rolleyes:

Chuck / Bob is there anything in the auction rules
that says two or three buddies can't pool their money?
We are really thinking this needs to be part of
The IAP Collection.

Maybe I should call my buddy Jessie and he could call
the 'Donald' and they would chip in.
:confused::eek::wink:​

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That is correct! There will be 3 pens in the box. Unless Steven has another generosity attack and, adds yet another one or two??? :eek::biggrin:

Pool your money however you want but, only ONE member can post the bid :wink:

jttheclockman

Now there are THREE pens in the package.
:eek:
Let me think about this...........:rolleyes:

Chuck / Bob is there anything in the auction rules
that says two or three buddies can't pool their money?
We are really thinking this needs to be part of
The IAP Collection.

Maybe I should call my buddy Jessie and he could call
the 'Donald' and they would chip in.
:confused::eek::wink:​

Fantastic idea about the IAP collection.

SteveG

Chuck....they are shiny steel pens.....not the Crown Jewels :eek::biggrin:

Skippy, you are too close to this pen group, having labored so intensely in making them, to understand the effect they have on us mere common pen turners.

They are indeed CROWN JEWEL PENS, brought to us by a CROWN JEWEL LEVEL PEN MAKER. These must be very hard to give up on behalf of IAP! Kudos in every way. :biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom