Attention Pen in the hat participants

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mudder

We 2 days left before pens should be sent out. I hope those who have not sent pens out yet are putting on the finishing touches and will have them sent by the 28th.

We need everyone to pitch in and make this swap successful.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodpens

I just received my pen from Radman (Tom). It is a very nice looking Cigar pen made from Redwood Burl. Tom is relatively new to pen making, but this pen has no flaws. The fit and finish are great. The finish is CA, but looks like a satin finish. I'll be proud to use this in public. Thank you very much, Tom!

Fangar

I have given up on contacting my recipient EDDIE K9. Three emails with no results over the past 3 weeks. I have also contacted you Mudder for the one he signed up with. No luck their either. His recipient has not received contact from him either. His last post was over a month ago. I am going to plan to do something with the pen, for this site.

Fangar

M

Mudder

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Only 4 days left. I can hardly wait to see what I get.[:p]

I'm in a quandary about your pen. My original intention is to send an oxford made from a striking piece of cherry burl but it's not cooperating and I think I ruined the upper blank trying to put it together. I'm going to brave the frigid weather in my shop this weekend and give it another try. BUT, I do have a backup if the cherry burl is not salvageable or my cold prevents me from going into the 36 degree shop this weekend. If the worst happens I will be sending out a Black Ti cigar with some home cast Cobra skin. And either way it turns out I’m going to add a couple of blanks from my “private stash†so you can play to. I think I have your address at home but you might want to shoot it to me again through the forum email. Any way you look at it something will be going out to you by the 2/28 deadline.

Fangar

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Fangar, why not send your pen to Eddie K9's recipient, this way he still gets something?

I have already spoken to him about it. If I don't here from EDDIEK9, that is what I intended on doing.

Fangar

jssmith3

Are there still recipients who have not recieved their pens? I would hate for anyone to go without getting something who entered this awesome exchange. I would be willing to make a pen for someone who didn't get anything if that help.
Janet :)

gerryr

Janet, after seeing a picture of your painted pen, I think you should be careful offering that. You might get about 111 people claiming they never received anything.[:0]

Mudder, no matter what you send it will be a treat and special. Just don't get pneumonia in the process.

rsk

I ended up being a lot busier this month then I thought....but I got my pen into the mail this morning....didn't realize the end of the month came so close to the beginning of the month. [:eek:)]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Has anyone heard from Dancrafted... I sent his pen and the USPS said it was delivered while he was in the hospital undergoing back surgery... that was about 2 weeks ago...
I hope it all went well for him... have not heard from him...

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Bev,
Sent you an email yesterday,
your pen will be on its way as soon as I get to the office this morning,

don't get to excited though, it had been a while since I have made a pen [:I]

Originally posted by Bev Polmanteer
<br />I've sent my address to penhead (he couldn't reach me at first) and I'm getting really excited waiting for my pen. I know it will be a beautie!!!!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Dear NON participants:

It's disheartening to hear that a handful of people have NOT lived up to their commitment. I have received emails from a few really wonderful people on the site who sent pens to their selected recipient, yet heard nothing from the person who signed up to send a pen to them.

Come on, folks. We all make pens. Sign up was voluntary. You received your pen. Make sure your recipient receives theirs. <b>Nothing will destroy this idea quicker than folks not keeping their promise.</b>

If you've had a personal issue get in the way of you being able to make and send a pen, drop me a note. Between me and a few others on the site, we'd be glad to take the time to be sure that EVERYONE who participated gets a keepsake.

<b>Let's keep the good feelings going!</b>

gerryr

Lou, count me in if you need help. This was really fun and I would hate to see it die because of people not getting their pens.

Ron Mc

Lou,
I can help you out with any pen swap participants that didn't receive their pen as well. I'm sorry to hear that there are still members that didn't receive a pen.[:(]

airrat

Lou sign me up too for helping. I also want everyone to receive something.

As to people not sending out their pens. Keep a list so that when we do it again they are excluded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom