Attention: DC Bluesman; Penworks Maybe Others

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

[?img] http://www.penturners.org/olduploads/rtjw/2006725222130_Laughing.gif[/img?]
I added ? in the img tags so that the code would show. I would not recomend linking to Johnny's up load but loading a picture your self.

You should just be able to upload a picture in your post no coding necessary, but this example would show you how to link to a stored picture.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rtjw

Okay, first you have to download what ever smiley you want to post. Make sure it is a gif file. the just upload it like you would a picture.

Most of the smiley's here are the small smileys. You can download a lot from smiley central. It makes it easier for you to express yourself and have a little fun at the same time. Although, some will take offense to some smiley's so you have to watch out.

20067260134_loser.gif
<br />

JimGo

Originally posted by Thumbs
<br />How do you copyright something? Is there a legal process or do you just say that's mine first?
Bob, the simple answer to your question is "yes". At a very high level, and oversimplifying things a bit, copyrights inure to the author/creator of a work the moment the work is reduced to a tangible form. Thus, the first time you write your memoirs, create a sculpture, take a photograph, etc., you have the right to protect others from copying the unique aspects of that work. However, to get into court, you need to take the extra step of registering the work with the Copyright office.

Johnny's link to the U.S. Copyright Office has a lot more specific info. Their site is pretty well set up and is fairly understandable (which is a surprise!).

RogerGarrett

Originally posted by rtjw
<br />Okay, first you have to download what ever smiley you want to post. Make sure it is a gif file. the just upload it like you would a picture.

20067260134_loser.gif
<br />

Where do you download from? I recall asking Scott about his turning graphic that shows a remarkable likeness of him in cartoonish form turning at a lathe........but the graphic has to come from somewhere.....

Sorry if I'm not quite up to date on computer stuff - it isn't my strength......

Best,
Roger[:D]

DFM

If anyone has any questions regarding copyrights and the protections granted should contact their lawyer. A brief and simple discussion with a lawyer in advance will save a lot of heart burn later.

I don't think a pen is copyright-able because a patent is the better protection for an object of ordinary use. The photos we take of our pens are protected by the copyright legislation.

alamocdc

Originally posted by rtjw
<br />Thanks Fangar for putting up your letter. Maybe Billy will also.
Since Lou was the only one that said the opposite of everyone else, I just wanted to see his letter to see what changed the guys attitude. Of course, Lou is more knowledgeable about issues like this![;)]

Johnny, mine is the quote that James used in the first post of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom