Atlanta Bubbasville, December?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DocStram

You know I'm in! We better check with Ron Mc before finalizing a date. He's planning on coming thru Georgia in December. Maybe we can convince him to be the featured demo penturner? We also need a place, btboone offered his shop again. I sort of hate putting him out again since he hosted last time. But, I don't know if anybody else has a big enough shop. Plus, we'll want a few people to bring along their mini-lathes.

Skye

Definatly. I thought it would be cool if everyone who brought a lathe made a pen and swapped it to someone else who made one. We could already have the blanks cut-n-drilled, would give us a good way to show how we do our own thing without taking all day to do it.

Just hope the weekend works out for me!

(In your case, we can cut your blank for you, dont know how much forehead you have left to spare )[:eek:)]

Marc Phillips

Being the newbie here, I haven't a clue what y'all talking about [:D]

BUT!

I am in Georgia... Monroe to be precise... east of Atlanta...

AND

... I am turning pens!

So..... [:p]

btboone

Hi Marc, we had a get together of turners in the area at my place in Roswell a while back. It was a lot of fun. Do a search for the thread. There are some pictures in there. There were probably around 20 people including some spouses here. We're looking to do it again in December. We have yet to finalize the date and place, but we've penciled in Dec. 9th as a possible day, and I've offered my shop again unless we find someplace else that people would like to meet.

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by btboone
<br />Hi Marc, we had a get together of turners in the area at my place in Roswell a while back. It was a lot of fun. Do a search for the thread. There are some pictures in there. There were probably around 20 people including some spouses here. We're looking to do it again in December. We have yet to finalize the date and place, but we've penciled in Dec. 9th as a possible day, and I've offered my shop again unless we find someplace else that people would like to meet.

Thanks... I'd like to attend if possible... meeting y'all would be great. [:)]

Ron Mc

I'm getting my final schedule worked out for Jacksonville. I'm thinking the 9th of December would work great at the moment so that I have a day to get to Jacksonville from wherever it will be.
I should be able to nail it down the first part of next week.

A lathe swap sounds great![:eek:)]

chigdon

I need to check with the boss to make sure (read wife) but I should be able to do it at my place. Don't expect Bruce's shop (I imagine most of us could say that). My shop is relatively small but it is off of my garage so we could wheel the lathes out and have a good amount of room in the garage. I will confirm for sure later but it looks good if that is good with everyone.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Hey guys

Been away for a while, school full time, work full time, full time screw up....leaves no time to do much else...LOL...

Are we on? I would love to come out and bring some stuff....I have two new turners to bring as well.....I have my quota now for the year for infecting...errr...I mean recruiting pen turners.....they would love to come and see some nice pens and people....

chigdon

I am still planning on it . . . I got a LOT of cleaning up to do! I will blame that on my recent basement flood but that isn't the real reason for the mess.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Chris

I would love to help you get ready for the event, it is the least I can do to help out. Let me know. As I understand it, the date is the December 9th as mentioned before correct?

Robert

btboone

Any way you look at it, December will be chock full of scheduling conflicts with corporate holiday parties and such. One day will probably be as good as any other. Seems like the whole month is just a big countdown to Christmas.

DocStram

One important factor in selecting the date was that Ron Mc was planning on being in Atlanta on Dec. 9th. If he is still coming then we don't wanna change the date, right?
And, since he is going to be here ..... let's ask him to do the featured presentation.

Skye

Id he's still coming I'd definatly try to schedule the thing around that. I'll just hit you guys on the next one. I'll mail Bruce or Chris my chicken-poo blank so you all can get a laugh.

Skye

Not yet, Bruce offered again, think Chris did too. He's only about 5 minutes from Bruce, so just get directions to that part of the state, lol

Ron Mc

Hey everyone. I am still waiting on confirmation from the corporation I work in regards to the training I need to teach in Jacksonville. I cannot believe the thickness of the red tape sometimes and am disgusted that I can't give you a yes or no yet.
If I am there I would be more than happy to do a demonstration on something! Remember that I never travel without my "Phantom" cd for just such an event![:D]

chigdon

I say we still plan on the 9th and am still planning on making my 'shop' available. It is nothing like Bruce's, however, you won't have to worry about getting it dirty.

Ron Mc

A brief follow up....I just received a request for pens to be given as awards at the event I am supposed to be teaching at! I have of course replied that the pens will not be problem and that they are more than welcome to check out online. I also explained that I have people waiting to find out the schedule and that I would be looking forward to their reply.[:D][;)]

Ron Mc

Well'p it looks like I'll be able to attend the Atlanta Bubbasville on the 9th!
Remember I'll be driving from Dallas so I may be a little tired and hungry![;)][:D]
I look forward to adding a face to all of you and just having some fun before a LONG week!

Ron Mc

Very funny.[8)] So, Bruce will you be bringing the flame so that I can admire it?[:D]

twoofakind

Excellent! Hey Chris, I am taking off work for a couple day's that week if you need help getting ready. You have all of my numbers if you need me.
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom