At last!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

UKpenmaker

A cast which has turned out somewhere near what i aimed for and what could be turned. At least there were no air holes at all.:D

It is still a way off what some people do, but its a start for me.:)

2008115193318_cast.jpg

All i need to do now is perfect the mixing of the colours and find some pearl powder to give the blanks a bit more depth.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well Done Andy!!!! I love it. It looks like the Crimson Tide or Bloody Jasper blanks but with more black. You should be proud of yourself esp after all the effort you have put in.:D

UKpenmaker

Cheers Steven, there will be no stopping me now. I have still got that braiding to have a go at.:)
Are you still up for a meet, i could make it on the Friday.[?] I could show you how to do the casting.[:0][}:)] only joking.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Friday's ( 24th )good for me too. I'll be in all day. So just pitch up any time.
Give me a shout if you need address / phone number again.

Cheers

thewishman

Looks good from here. Can't wait to see it when you hit <s>what you aimed for</s> that for which you had aimed. (Hope that revision keeps the grammar police at bay.)

Chris

stevers

Originally posted by UKpenmaker

It is still a way off what some people do, but its a start for me.

I don't know about being that far off. That is a pretty cool blank. Love the blend of colors. Very nice job. Cant wait to see what happens when you "get it right".

Ligget

Bang on target Andy, there is nothing wrong with that blank that needs fixing![:p]
Glad to see you are now getting better results at last, hope you are going to be selling these new creations![:p][:p]

rkj155

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada.
Andrew
Tell us (me) how you managed to get to get the swirls. Was the resin partialy hardened, swirled with?, etc etc. The reason I'm asking is that I am going to try casting soon and I would hope that I could follow your directions and end up with something that close to your photo.
Ron

UKpenmaker

Many thanks for the postive comments.

Ron, The resin was just mixed and then poured together straight away. There was about 3/4 black to 1/4 red, black was poured first and then the red was gently poured in a random pattern. Then very carefully mixed the 2 together using an old dental tooth pick, until it looked about right and then placed in my pot overnight.

Top Bottom