Ash Peppermill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

montmill

I made this in 2019 using the dying technique Mark has spoken about here. I'm going to do something similar on a pen only I'm using hard maple to see how that turns out. The wood is sanded to 400, then dyed black using Artesian Dye. After drying overnight I sand off the black until I'm satisfied, then add a second color over the top, in this case red Artesian Dye. The top coat is multiple layers of wipe on poly, then Beall buffed. Anxious to see how the pens turn out.
#12.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

calabrese55

I made this in 2019 using the dying technique Mark has spoken about here. I'm going to do something similar on a pen only I'm using hard maple to see how that turns out. The wood is sanded to 400, then dyed black using Artesian Dye. After drying overnight I sand off the black until I'm satisfied, then add a second color over the top, in this case red Artesian Dye. The top coat is multiple layers of wipe on poly, then Beall buffed. Anxious to see how the pens turn out. View attachment 354697
Will you share the source of the peppermill hardware please ?
calabrese55

derekdd

Looks fantastic.

I have a bunch of figured maple I plan on cutting up at least some for pen blanks then dying.

Your peppermill certainly inspires me to want to take the plung.

Top Bottom