Art Show

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

George883

My neighborhood has an informal art show twice a year for its residents; one in the fall and one in the spring. I'm thinking of displaying and selling a few pens which I've never done before. I'm going to use Penn State Industry guides for what a pen should sell for but how do you tag or mark your pens with a price and maybe the blank materials as well. Thanks.

George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Some folks use the tag with a string under the clip. Others use a "dog bone " tag around the clip. I found that the dog bone tags leave adhesive residue which you will have to clean off all your pens....not fun. ...also not something you need to do in front of customers or put on them to do.

George883

Thanks Charlie. I'm trying to avoid using any tag with adhesive for exactly the reason you stated. I also have a few pens, RAW roller ball kits, that don't have clips.

Some folks use the tag with a string under the clip. Others use a "dog bone " tag around the clip. I found that the dog bone tags leave adhesive residue which you will have to clean off all your pens....not fun. ...also not something you need to do in front of customers or put on them to do.
There is also a "dog bone" tag that has a hole and button that doesn't have adhesive.... don't remember where I got them though, you might just look up plastic tags and see what pops up.

studioseven

George,
I used to use the tags with strings but found they fall off rather easily. Someone way smarter than me on this site came up with using clear plastic straws. You cut them to length and slide them on the pen clip. Works on 95% of pens. You can purchase an inexpensive label maker from Amazon or Walmart and print the info onto the label and attach it to the straw. Works real well for me. Good luck at your show.

Seven

randyrls

I make up three "business" info cards. I don't call them business cards but that is the format.
my personal card. Contact info. I don't call it a business card.
Material instructions. Details what the material is and how to care for it.
How to replace the ink fill. Specific to pen model. (It is not always Captain Obvious) Often I advise them to unscrew the nib point to replace the ink fill.

I also offer free lifetime replacement ink fills for pens (if you bring me the pen). Since I only sell face-to-face this isn't a problem and I get to see how the pen is holding up. Some of my "real early" pens I will offer to remove the friction polish finish and replace with CA.

randyrls

Duane; Never noticed that idea before but sounds excellent. I always put a bit of paper towel under the clip to keep it from scratching the blank while assembling, but this looks more professional. Thanks..

George,
I used to use the tags with strings but found they fall off rather easily. Someone way smarter than me on this site came up with using clear plastic straws. You cut them to length and slide them on the pen clip. Works on 95% of pens. You can purchase an inexpensive label maker from Amazon or Walmart and print the info onto the label and attach it to the straw. Works real well for me. Good luck at your show.

Seven

Bryguy

I use little tags with string. I get them in packs of 500. I wrap them round the clip. I label the pen with price and type (roller ball, ballpoint or fountain pen) and the woods I have used.

Top Bottom