Art of writing?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Sometimes we are missed at the shows we are "skipping" this year. This particular customer wrote me a note, with the pens he sent for me to fix.

The ART of writing is not dead---look at the effort he puts into his manuscript!!

Attachments

• art of writing.pdf
    147.1 KB · Views: 360
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
WOW!!! Now thats a cool customer to have! I wish I could write like that... I'm so bad at writing, even I have a tough time reading it.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Sometimes we are missed at the shows we are "skipping" this year. This particular customer wrote me a note, with the pens he sent for me to fix.

The ART of writing is not dead---look at the effort he puts into his manuscript!!

THAT's not writing .. I can still read it!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Ed,

I certainly cannot write with that style and e'lan. However I definitely can admire the penmanship. It feels good to have satisfied clients like this person.

CaRed

The art of writing may not be dead but it is dying (except in older generations). You don't have to know how to write anymore. The computer has all the pretty fonts you will ever need. My sons are in high school and 4th grade. Neither of them were taught to write in cursive except in 3rd grade. After that, there is no more teaching. The only writing they are required to do is printing and most want it from the computer so they can read the answers. We had to put my high schooler in a laptop program so he could keep up with current technology.

It really is too bad.

bitshird

Ed, your customer is the kind it's nice to have, and their handwriting is beautiful, I wish I could write with that degree of penmanship.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The gent's name is Bill. He's younger than I, but not much. VERY interesting to talk with. But, yes Chris, this is why I showed the letter. The schools are dropping "handwriting", but some still consider it a worthy art.

In Bill's hand, I agree.

Jgrden

This person was educated and trained to write the Peterson System. Wonderfull writing. Each letter is started at the base. The "W" is specifically Peterson. Each word ends with a tail.

Dan26

That is a really nice letter. You need to tell everyone that he failed penmanship until he started using your pens. Seriously though, it is special to have a customer that takes the time to handwrite a letter like that.

RAdams

Banned
The absolute prettiest handwriting i have even seen was just last year. A 14 year old buy with a cheapo store bought fountain. Unfortunately, he rarely gets to use his gift, especially in school.

Without people like these, ur would replace you're.. etc. etc.

DurocShark

Stylish writing is disappearing quickly, as students write less with pen and paper, and more with computers, smart phones, txtng (imma urs. srsly?) and so on.

The upside to that is more and more people are discovering that writing with something other than a Bic can be a pleasurable experience since they're writing less and less, it becomes enjoyable instead of a chore.

DurocShark

I think it will morph into something different. Kind of like how popular premium cooking supplies are now. I don't think it will ever be as pervasive as it once was, but those who continue to do it will be willing to pay a premium price for quality.

Top Bottom