Art Deco Founatin Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bean_Counter

Bean_Counter

Here are a couple of Art Deco fountain pens I made as a trade on another site. Both are black titanium with 10k gold accents. Both nibs were updated with Bock nibs from classicnib.com (highly reccommend). The first one is wrapped in Honduran Rosewood Burl and the second is Mahogany Burl. C&C welcome!

Attachments

• Art Deco HRB FP 1a.jpg
    Art Deco HRB FP 1a.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 271
  • Art Deco HRB FP 1b.jpg
    Art Deco HRB FP 1b.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 211
  • Art Deco FP Mah Burl 1b.jpg
    Art Deco FP Mah Burl 1b.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 229
  • Art Deco FP Mah Burl 1c.jpg
    Art Deco FP Mah Burl 1c.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 232
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kaspar

That's very nice work. I agree that the background is a little busy, but I can see it well enough.

Nothing against your work, which is fine, but I try to like that kit and ... just can't quite get there.

But excellent work on your part.

Bean_Counter

That's very nice work. I agree that the background is a little busy, but I can see it well enough.

Nothing against your work, which is fine, but I try to like that kit and ... just can't quite get there.

But excellent work on your part.

Thanks for the comments guys. My wife and I wanted to try a something a bit different on the background than just a white back drop. I like the background but understand where yall are coming from.

In regards to the kit itself, I have mixed emotions on it also. It was a fun kit to make, but I am not sure the kit does it for me either (especially in this price range). As long as it works for customers then I guess I will have to like it. :biggrin:

LagniappeRob

I've done a few of the Art Deco's. Some I've liked and some not so much. I think it takes a pretty unique blank to pull it off. I think plain-er blanks get lost by the hardware. Like in this case, I think if the wood wasn't the reddish toned, and not highly figured, it wouldn't have worked as well as it does. Just my thinking from why I seemed to like some and not others.

I like the pen, but agree with some of the other comments about the background. It's distracting.

fernhills

Very nice pen. I like your background. I think you have to tell a story selling a pen. You are not putting a coupon add out about a loaf of bread. Your background is aligning the season with your pen. I think that most of us have been looking at pens long enough to tell weather it made well or not, in your case, well done. Carl

Top Bottom