Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Here is the secound GOW Statesmen I was able to get from the block of
GOW from Mik. This one was cut with the grain and the cap lost all
signs of grain, so I had some scraps and put a little pizzaz back
in the cap and added an Arizona Turquoise band of Tru Stone.
Thanks again Mik for some nice wood and thanks for the comments :)

200541215145_0412gowcls.jpg

2005412151938_0412gowop.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Anthony,
The top pen is REALLY petty. The bottm one I'm not as crazy about, but it's a matter of personal taste there; the craftsmanship is, as usual, impeccable.

WoodChucker

Anthony, beautiful work! I love the top one, but I agree with Jim on the bottom one, not that crazy about it. But I'm sure someone will like it and buy it. [:)]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Overall, this pen just doesn't have your usual flair for exquisite lines and balance. The upper barrel looks a bit like a you added a band-aid. The turquoise inlay on the lower barrel seems frivolous, given the exciting grain that it breaks up. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion, and to quote the anonymous PenCritic "any pen where you don't end up glued to something is a success."

JimGo

Wow, I didn't know the pen critic saw my purpleheart cigar pen! I managed to get gorilla glue on it while building some make-shift stairs for the attic in my house; almost had to sacrifice the pen to the stairs! Now if only I could get the darn glue droppings off my pen!

Anthony, FWIW, you can send me the top one ANY day! :)

PenWorks

I've got to admit, I was not all that excited about the secound one as well. But when all else fails, If I add a little turqouise to it, they sell, must be that tourist thing, cactus, turquoise & cowboys. [:D]
You gotta love the west. [8D]

Fleabit

Ok...I am trudging with the other.... Top pen is BEAUTIFUL....bottom one....not one or your best (IMO). Craftsmanship is outstanding as always though.

woodscavenger

Do those blocks have a small indent for the pen to sit on? BTW I like the fix on the second one. I wonder though if a colored band on either side of the lighter color wood could ease the transition a little?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom