Are you a woodworker too?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

Originally posted by ilikewood
<br />Hey, I thought we were supposed to get a warning when Angela is on-line![;)] (especially if she has the authority to deem us or the things we do as crazy)[:D]

[xx(]

UUhhhmmmm Bill? Guess what? [:0](Warning, warning!!!)[:0] I'm online right now. Does that help? [:D][:D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

OOOHHHH NNNNNOOOOOO!! (ala Mr. Bill)[:D]

I'm just joking with you Angela. I enjoy your being here. I have been already been deemed "crazy", so I don't have anything to worry about.[:D]

Daniel

I'm anouther one that doas everything from cutting down the trees,(landscaping)to finish work. Like Jeff, I also really enjoy rough carpentry work. I also like detailed finish work.
I have had stints at scroll sawing, flat work, and had a lathe setting in my shop for many years that did pretty much nothing.
I knew about making wood pens for a long time and kept telling myself I would try one someday. well eventually space made it to where pens where about all I could make and walla.
I no longer have the small space issues, and have started thinking of doing some really large work (Peppermills) but have to ease into it. don't want to hurt my back or anything.
I really have my heart set on making a grandfather clock someday. but my wife is pretty well set on the fact that if I do I can't keep it. this is the same woman that has three cats, three dogs, three children and does laundry at 11:00 at night when I am trying to sleep so I can get to work before 5:00 a.m.
and she thinks a clock would be noisy....[xx(]

elody21

I started with the basics, framing out a room, building a pantry. I have done some easy furniture, an entertainment center, dry bar and counter. I have made and installed Avonite and Corian countertops. My most useful project was turning a closet into a pantry in my kitchen and designing and building an oak pantry organizer. You know the things that rotate out and holds all of the canned goods and boxed foods. Then I got into turning.
I really want to make "real furniture". A dining room table, a bed and so on.

BigRob777

My best friend and his family are moving from 100 yards away, to about 30 miles away. They are selling their furniture, including their diningroom table. I want to build them a table, with turned legs. I don't know if they want me to or not, or what wood they would want. I'm thinking they'll want oak, as that seems to be their favorite, but they may opt for walnut, as I'll be able to make it from my walnut planks (I'm hoping to have slabbed up, from a 22" diameter walnut tree. I'm using it for my office desks and my dresser/armoire.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom