Are old coots allowed back?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

Been inactive with woodturning for about 13 years due to usual life circumstances. Thankfully I never got rid of my equipment.

Been dusting it off. My oldest boy is now 15 and learning how to turn. I've made nearly a dozen bowls lately but got a lot of work to do to get the pen shop up and running.

I still have about 50 unused pen kits so I'm not about to run out of projects, the real challenge is going to be getting the bushings all sorted out lol.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome back Matt. You have been gone too long, but certainly not forgotten! Things have changed quite a bit - too many new pen styles and bushings to keep up with! But the fun is still in making pens!

Curly

You are just going to blend in with the rest of us old coots so welcome back.

There is an IAP Bushing and Tube app for about a buck that will help you with the sorting of your bushings.

Burnpile

Welcome back, Matt. I'm sure you'll enjoy sharing turning with your son. My grandkids have enjoyed making pens for their parents and teachers. When I first started turning pens I thought I had all the drill bits I'd ever need…wrong!

howsitwork

Welcome

didn't know you the first time so Hello !

Suggest you treat yourself to a small thimble micrometer to make sizing bushings etc easier. vernier calipers are ok but easy to lose measurement.

like this on ebay

Top Bottom