Aramont

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
For those who may have attended classes at Aramont in Gatlinburg... just heard on the news that Gatlinburg is having a number of wild fires in and around the area and that several of the classroom buildings and dormitories at Aramont have been destroyed.

We had some winds last night that whipped up the fires all around east Tennessee and that was one of the more severe fires that got stirred up.

They posted some evacuations for Tellico Plains as well, but I'm not in the path of any fires so far....

Anyone else in the fire zone? Are all okay?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Bill May, director at Arrowmont, stated several buildings had burned.
News pics show two of the housing buildings up the hill burning as the fires came over the hill. ( Hughes Hall and Wild Wing.)
Report of fire all around Red Barn/housing building.
I heard that the admin building(gallery, classrooms and library ) and the turning /wood studio buildings were safe at that time.
Everyone had evacuated safely.

Be safe Chuck.

Just got an update on WBIRTV that initial reports of Aramont and Ober-Gatlinburg were somewhat exaggerated.... the main buildings at Aramont are okay, they lost two dorms and a maintenance building...

Ober-Gatlinburg is safe, some minor damage, but not severe damage. Other resorts in and around the area have lost a number of buildings.

Initial reports from during the night were made by TEMA - TN Emergency Management, but have now been revised. It's pretty bad in the area, but not quite as severe as first reported.... not a good situation in any way though.

Several of the Men from my Fire dept are on the Management team down there. They've been gone for over a month....It's been pretty crazy for them.

Top Bottom