Apron suggestions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tripletmom

My husbands birthday is coming up and I am looking for suggestions on what type/brand of shop apron/coat you all wear when turning. He is tired of using the shop vac to suck his clothes clean!!
Janice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
AAW sells a woodturning smock that might be of interest. It's available in blue or charcoal color

IAP did a group buy activity for a similar smock with the IAP logo a few years ago. I don't believe any are currently available, but here's a link to that thread for your reference. You could possibly post a wanted to buy thread in the marketplace to see if anyone might have an extra one.

Tripletmom

Thanks Edgar. I might try the marketplace The group buy was through AAW (thanks for the link) and I just went to their sight and saw this. I am a bit delayed in my purchase due to moving my office to my home and having 3 teens on COVID lockdown, and just realized his birthday is Monday !! 😲
Another member said Rockler has a nice one too so I have some options.

Attachments

• 240741A7-6151-4087-83A8-7BE1012614C8.png
    240741A7-6151-4087-83A8-7BE1012614C8.png
    236.2 KB · Views: 158

Mr Vic

Craft supplies also has two types. You can have his name embroidered on it as well. Good excuse on being late.

dogcatcher

Go to Goodwill or Salvation Army resale store, buy a nylon windbreaker. Cut off the sleeves at about the elbow. Put it on and turn, take it off and one shake the chips are on the floor. Mine was less than a $1.

My husbands birthday is coming up and I am looking for suggestions on what type/brand of shop apron/coat you all wear when turning. He is tired of using the shop vac to suck his clothes clean!!
Janice
My wife made me a denim apron with several custom pockets some with top flaps to keep chips etc. out. However, I know that everyone does not sew. Steve Good at Scrollsawworkshop.com suggests this one. $18.61 on Amazon. https://www.penturners.org/threads/apron-suggestions.164394/ Hope this is useful.

My wife made me a denim apron with several custom pockets some with top flaps to keep chips etc. out. However, I know that everyone does not sew. Steve Good at Scrollsawworkshop.com suggests this one. $18.61 on Amazon. https://www.penturners.org/threads/apron-suggestions.164394/ Hope this is useful.
I don't believe my link posted regarding shop aprons. Amazon, Bucket Boss Canvas Apron, #80300, $18.61. Check Scrollsaw Workshop site, use March 20, 2020 date, scroll to the bottom of things Steve likes and uses. There is a link for this particular apron.

TonyL

MiteyF

My in-laws got me a shop apron made by a company called Hudson (I believe, I can double check) a year or two ago for xmas. It's a really nice waxed canvas gig that appears to be extremely high quality, and very comfortable. I use it tirelessy, and would be willing to bet it will outlast me.

Tripletmom

I ordered him a Bucket Boss apron yesterday so I hope that works for him. Thanks for the info in case this one is a flop!
Janice

Top Bottom