Applicator bottles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

[/QUOTE]pinpoint filling of small voids[/QUOTE]
I use a needle to fill small spaces. I touch the tip of the CA bottle to the needle and let the drops slide down the needle into the void. Works great if you need to fill in any tiny space between the tube and the blank.

BeeAMaker

The idea is to put my CA into smaller bottles. No matter how much I try to keep the tips clean, they undoubtedly get all nasty before the bottle is even half empty. I have tried the tips that have been mentioned here, and they work great but my bottles get CA build up on them and the tips won't fit on the nozzles anymore.

These are cheep enough that I can put a little CA in one and if it gets clogged or something I can just pitch it, if it stays clean I can refill it.

I have other used for them also, so I'll give them a try with CA. :)

I haven't used those, but I've applied thin CA with a blunted (actually squared off) needle on a 3cc syringe so I can get the exact amount of drops I want, using the bottle it tends to squirt out at times or drip more than I want or need. I think you'll like the control you get with them.

We had some other items to order from Amazon so I went ahead ordered a set of these along with them. I'm curious as well as to how they'll work. If they stop up, I'll test them out in my acetone jar that I put the other nozzles and bushings in. But as you said, if they do stop up and I can't clean them, they're cheap enough to just chunk them in the trash.

BeeAMaker

Sorry, forgot to get back with you all, Been using these bottles for a while now, and liking it!

Wood glue - Nozzle is a bit to small, but if you need a very controlled applicator this will work great. You just have to squeeze the bottle really hard to get glue to come out. Trimming the nozzle shorter helps.

CA Thick/Medium - Works great. goo control and the CA doesn't seem to stick or dry in the nozzle.

CA thin - Good but be careful. The nozzle is almost to large for the thin CA, might try squeezing the nozzle down a bit. However I am getting better at control. I simply tip the bottle until a small beed forms and let drip where I need it. No need to squeeze the bottle. I only fill the bottle to about 1/4 full, goes a long way. Works great to get CA down into small cracks in wood pieces. CA does not stay in the nozzle. Just give it a squeeze with the bottle upright and it will blow any CA out.

Probably won't be for everybody, but so far I am liking them - oh and nothing sticks to teh bottle, the nozzle or the silicone cap. Cap has a very snug fit for an air tight seal.

Last edited:

BeeAMaker

Found another great use for these. They work awesome for applying mica powder. You can give the bottle a quick little squeeze and the powder will puff out, or I usually just tap the bottom of the bottle for bit more volume control. Great for doing CA and Mica powder inlays.

If your CA bottle's tip clogs all you need to do is take it off of the bottle and soak it in Acetone for a bit. (An hour or two or overnight, depending on how much CA has dried on the cap) Then dry them off, put them back on the bottle and you're good as new! I use a small Mason jar and no issues whatsoever.

Last edited:
Found another great use for these. They work awesome for applying mica powder. You can give the bottle a quick little squeeze and the powder will puff out, or I usually just tap the bottom of the bottle for bit more volume control. Great for doing CA and Mica powder inlays.

I received mine about 3 weeks back and I really like them so far. I haven't got to use them a whole lot since it's been so cold here, but, they work like a charm with what little I've got to use them for. The nozzle did plug up on one using medium CA, but dropping them in my acetone jar worked great. I really like these Glenn, thanks for finding them. I found that if you hold them upright and squeeze them when finished and clearing out the CA that they don't clog up(at least so far anyway). They're wonderful for pinpointing CA and from the sounds of it, for other things as well. :biggrin:

Oh and you're right about the thin CA, but, I've found that if you squeeze the air out the bottle just a little bit before you turn it upside down and start applying that it gives you a little more control and the thin won't run out so quick.

Last edited:
Top Bottom