Apples, Apples, and more Apples

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lorbay

lorbay

My wife works at a 100 acre museum in our city and last week some of the volunteers had to remove a damaged apple tree. So she said to me that there are some nice pieces of wood there if you want some. So this was the fruits of my labour yesterday. All sealed and put away till next year.
Lin

Attachments

• 5112A0CF-1182-4CF7-B663-67F219EF354E.jpeg
    5112A0CF-1182-4CF7-B663-67F219EF354E.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 278
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tiggere

beautiful wood! My bandsaw will be here in a couple weeks...I can't wait to start cutting bowl blanks and rough turning them...I need to get a stockpile going like you have there...

I suppose there is a logic behind rough turning bowls and storing them for later, but by the time I pulled down a rough turned bowl, I will have forgotten what I saw in the bowl to begin with.... most of my bowl blanks have been sitting in my shop on the wood rack for 2-5 years by now anyway, so I don't rough turn.... I go straight to the finished bowl... not saying anyone is wrong, just my way of turning. I even turn green wood to finished.... I've had very few bowls crack and split... some do warp a bit, but if it feels too wet when finished, I have an old microwave in my shop that I'll c;ycle a really wet bowl through to dry it some....

Love the apple wood though.... I have a supply that a friend gave me last year that I need to start processing into blanks.

Top Bottom