Applause for AAW Zoom with Mark and John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NJturner

I attended the Saturday Zoom session done by Mark Dreyer and John Underhill and just wanted to express my thanks to both people - and the background assist by Mark's wife - making the Zoom a definite worthwhile session. John and Mark had spent time planning a good, informative session and it showed!

Thanks to both of you!

Kevin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Thank you Kevin! I'm glad you enjoyed it. We were both very honored to be a part of an AAW demonstration. It's always hard to feed off the crowd and see how your doing when it's all done virtually. Unfortunately I ran about 15 min short of time answering questions and had to cut things short at the end but I tried to end at a point where everything was understood. Mark and I always try to give a days worth of info in a couple hours. It was fun. Thanks for coming.

More Grumpy

I watched as well and was impressed with how much information both Mark and John packed into such a short time. I always come away learning a new trick or two that will improve my abilities, and the cost was less than a wasted blank! Thank to all of you.

mg_dreyer

Thank you for both the kind words and more importantly watching the demo. John and I had a blast and a whole new set of stories to tell. We are glad that the AAW is taking an active interest in pens and pen making. A lot of this, and honestly the friendships I have received, can be attributed to this community and website - the IAP. Thanks to Jeff Brown, Ed Brown, Monty, Wayne, Mike and everyone who contributes.

montmill

I'm waiting for an email with the link to watch. Anyone get an email yet?
Replay

• Advance registration includes online replay of the event. The replay will be available for registered attendees through March 13. Registered attendees will be provided a link via email when the replay is available for viewing.

Last edited:

NJturner

You should receive the link today. The process was delayed because Monday was a holiday.
John - one question - you were running short on time when you touched on your feather blanks. I was somewhat relieved when you said it took you 6 months to get a good one - I'm about a month into it, and still tossing each one in the trash. Do you have, or are you planning to put together something about the basics of casting feathers? I am a big admirer of your stuff, and I'm not looking for trade secrets, just a basic starter info piece. Basics on paint for the tubes. Adhesives? Sealing the feathers and generally getting them to lay nicely on the tubes would be a real help. I've been replicating what has been used for tying fly's, but it's not translating well.

Thanks again!

mg_dreyer

For those that attended - the AAW is sending out a survey. Please fill it out - positives and concerns. The more that fill it out - the better handle they get on the impact of pen making in the turning world and some activities they would consider planning.

Thanks

Top Bottom