App Database Update - 7-22-23

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
A new database update is available for download from the IAP server. The apps should download it automatically within 24 hours; however, you can manually initiate a sync. On Android, you can go to options->sync and choose Sync Now. On iPhone/iPad simply close & reopen the app & it will initiate a download (do not delete the app - just close it & restart it).

Main update is the addition of Mr Woodturner in South Africa to the suppliers with over 300 kits, including a number not carried by other suppliers in the database.

Also added some new kits, including the new Magic Wand kit by Woodturningz as well as a number of edits for better consistency of kit names & descriptions, and various bushing & tube dimension updates.

Please let us know if you see any errors or if you can provide any missing dimensional info.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ramaroodle

I still can't seem to update. It says version 1.17 from 10/15/22. What should I do?

Attachments

• IMG_0546.jpeg
    IMG_0546.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 48

Rob H

Does the Android version not work correctly on Chromebooks? I installed it a month ago and just looked and it said last update never so I tried initiating a manual sync, which it said it started but waited 20 minutes (1 gig internet) no charge. I just tried clicking on the first kit and it crashes.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Make sure you are using the latest version on Google Play. A new version was posted a few days ago.

A complete database download will probably take 30 minutes or more. Photo thumbnails should start showing up as the database download progresses.

Rob H

Make sure you are using the latest version on Google Play. A new version was posted a few days ago.

A complete database download will probably take 30 minutes or more. Photo thumbnails should start showing up as the database download progresses.
says version 3.0 in the app just watched it download 96 MB then the number stopped and didn't increase so I assumed it was done but said never and crashed when I clicked the first item in the list. I did find by default it didn't have permission to access storage but I fixed that before trying a manual update

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
The complete database is about 2Gb. I don't have a Chromebook, so I can't say there isn't a compatibility issue, but it should work on any Android device AFIK.

I haven't had a chance to try the new version yet - I'll try to do that later today.

Have you tried any of the other kits?

Rob H

The complete database is about 2Gb. I don't have a Chromebook, so I can't say there isn't a compatibility issue, but it should work on any Android device AFIK.

I haven't had a chance to try the new version yet - I'll try to do that later today.

Have you tried any of the other kits?
Found the issue. If I leave it in phone mode (sized for phone) it works fine, however if I change to either tablet or resize-able mode it crashes once I click on a kit. Kinda a bummer because I don't see as well as I used to so making it larger is kinda the point of using my Chromebook.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
That's interesting. The only Android device I have is a K88 tablet & the app works just fine on it. I will ask our Android developer to investigate the issue.

What is the exact model of your Chromebook?

Rob H

That's interesting. The only Android device I have is a K88 tablet & the app works just fine on it. I will ask our Android developer to investigate the issue.

What is the exact model of your Chromebook?
Asus Vibe CX55 Flip 15.6

rd_ab_penman

Hi Edgar,
I noticed that the tube length for the Coyote Twist BP is incorrect.
It should be 2.27" and not 2.98"

I also noticed that screen color is now a Brown color which is not as easy to read as
the old version with the white screen?

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks, Les - I'll make that correction.

You can change the color settings for the detail page through the Settings app. Click on the gear icon at the top of the main screen & it will take you directly to the settings.

Top Bottom