App Database Update 10/1/22

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
A new update to the app database is available for download. Some new kits have been added as well as some typo corrections.
Three new suppliers have been added:
Prokraft - UK
Silver Pen Parts - USA
Woodturning Tech - Germany

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

beck3906

I've tried to install the updates my clicking the install button and even trying to delete the app so I can install fresh. However, I still chow the 9:1/23 version. What can I do yo force the upgrade?

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Simply closing & restarting the app should initiate a database download.

Deleting the app and doing a fresh install will also do that, but that would erase your old database & a complete download takes 30 minutes or more.

Go to Settings & scroll down to BushNTubes, take a look at what that reports as the date for your database & the version number of the app. Let me know what it says.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Date 9/1/22. Version 1.13

Updates take about 5 seconds so I know I'm not getting a full download.
5 seconds is about right for an update - it doesn't take long. The ver # is right, but it's strange that the date isn't changing.

On the main page, swipe right to left to bring up the Sorting Options. Select Reorder Suppliers. See if the 3 new suppliers are there - they should be right after Rockler in the list. If they are there, you have the latest update. If so, I'll have to investigate why the date isn't being updated on your device.

The older 9/1/22 database had 33 total suppliers. The 10/1/22 version has 36.

BCnabe

I have my app set to auto update but I'm showing the version as being "1.0.0-beta.1".

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it says the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I have my app set to auto update but I'm showing the version as being "1.0.0-beta.1".

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it says the same.

Any help would be appreciated.
That is really weird. What is your device & iOS version?

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I have a Samsung Galaxy S10, Android 12
OK - My apologies if I wasn't clear about things. At this time, we do not have an Android version of the the app that is capable of downloading database updates from the new IAP server.

The existing Android app still works, but it is limited to whatever database was distributed with the app at the time of its last release. We are trying to find an Android developer who can help us update the app so it can access the new IAP server, but so far we have been unable to do so.

BCnabe

OK - My apologies if I wasn't clear about things. At this time, we do not have an Android version of the the app that is capable of downloading database updates from the new IAP server.

The existing Android app still works, but it is limited to whatever database was distributed with the app at the time of its last release. We are trying to find an Android developer who can help us update the app so it can access the new IAP server, but so far we have been unable to do so.
Got it - thanks!

Top Bottom