Apology

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Well I just received the new Penn State Catalog and saw the Groove Kits. For some reason it sparked a memory of me answering a thread about the odd drill size and I'd mentioned it was the same as the Tenacious. Well after seeing the kit in the catalog it hit me that I was mistaken. The Tenacious is the same as the Blade. The only thing I can come up with is I started playing with the Tenacious/ Blade and the Groove about the same time and got them confused. It seems things like that happens more often the older I get. Anyway rather than spend several hours trying to find the thread I figured I'd just start a new one. I hope my mistake didn't cause someone else to error because of that and if so please accept my apologies. I hope everyone is doing well and Take Care.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darrin

I wouldn't worry about it buddy.
Most of us double and triple check things before we even think about starting to drill, even on kits we've used 200 times lol

jttheclockman

Well I just received the new Penn State Catalog and saw the Groove Kits. For some reason it sparked a memory of me answering a thread about the odd drill size and I'd mentioned it was the same as the Tenacious. Well after seeing the kit in the catalog it hit me that I was mistaken. The Tenacious is the same as the Blade. The only thing I can come up with is I started playing with the Tenacious/ Blade and the Groove about the same time and got them confused. It seems things like that happens more often the older I get. Anyway rather than spend several hours trying to find the thread I figured I'd just start a new one. I hope my mistake didn't cause someone else to error because of that and if so please accept my apologies. I hope everyone is doing well and Take Care.
Thats it, you are banned from this site for 1 whole second. Let this be a lesson to you!!! :):):) As mentioned I think we all give answers that upon further review maybe they could be explained better or more research could have been done. These are stepping stones for people asking them. The person needs to do their own studys as well. OK time is up you are back in.

Kenny Durrant

Thanks Guys! I just didn't want to let it go especially when I found out I might have messed up. I normally don't respond to questions unless I have a good idea what I'm talking about. As far as the confusion, last night I couldn't find my car keys just after driving home. I just had them!!!! After about 40 minutes they have fallen out of my pocket and worked their way into the cushion of my recliner. Of coarse I didn't remember sitting down there when we got home. Anyway things happen. This morning, less than 24 hours later I couldn't find my phone. Just had it in my hand. After 15 minutes I found it where I apparently laid it down to look for something else. Just didn't want to drag others down a path I'm well on my way on before their time.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Thanks Guys! I just didn't want to let it go especially when I found out I might have messed up. I normally don't respond to questions unless I have a good idea what I'm talking about. As far as the confusion, last night I couldn't find my car keys just after driving home. I just had them!!!! After about 40 minutes they have fallen out of my pocket and worked their way into the cushion of my recliner. Of coarse I didn't remember sitting down there when we got home. Anyway things happen. This morning, less than 24 hours later I couldn't find my phone. Just had it in my hand. After 15 minutes I found it where I apparently laid it down to look for something else. Just didn't want to drag others down a path I'm well on my way on before their time.
I'll bet 90% of us have done the same thing just about every week. My cell phone - one GREAT thing I have is my Apple Watch - When I can't find my phone and even if it is on mute, I can tap that icon on my watch and the phone will ring! THAT is a time saver! I need one of those things that does similarly for my keys!

Kenny Durrant

Well Lee I guess it's true that misery loves company. Or maybe it's like the two old guys bringing up things to see who has or had it worse. Either way it's getting to be a pain. My wife had Alzheimer's, early onset they're calling it, so we're already spending a lot of time looking for something.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Well Lee I guess it's true that misery loves company. Or maybe it's like the two old guys bringing up things to see who has or had it worse. Either way it's getting to be a pain. My wife had Alzheimer's, early onset they're calling it, so we're already spending a lot of time looking for something.
Kenny, after I wrote the above post #6, I suddenly remembered something that I saw on Amazon some time ago. I looked it up and it looks promising: Tile and Tile Mate. These are small tags or credit card size tiles that ring when a second one or phone app or Alexa or other is tapped. I haven't finished looking but this looks interesting for finding regularly lost items.

jttheclockman

Heck you should see me in the shop. It is like doing a dance in circles. Can not tell you how many times I am looking for something that is right in front of me. I was drilling out a pen blank a little while ago and wanted to check the fit of the tube. Well I forgot where I put the tube and for 5 minutes I cursed myself and then remembered I used it at the tablesaw to measure the blank to cut and placed it on the tray of the fence. Right where I left it. I only have so many steps in me each day when I am in the shop before the back starts talking to me and says get out of here and go sit down. Hate using those steps up looking for things.:)

Kenny Durrant

I guess looking for things keeps life interesting. Every once in a while I'll find something I've forgotten about or list previously. Ha Ha. Lee my wife has the little tiles. I can find her phone with find a friend and have a pocket in the back of it for ID and credit card. The tiles don't do me much good because if you recall I wear hearing aids and can't hear the beeping. Don't get me wrong life is good it just gets frustrating at times. I was able to retire at age 60 so I get to stay home and take care of my wife and play with pen stuff all day.

Jans husband

And have you noticed that as you get a bit older, and less able to bend down, the more bits, bushings, drills, tubes.............etc drop on the floor?? I keep a grabber and a magnetic extending tool next to my bench, but I can't always find them!!

Mike

Top Bottom