Apollo Infinity ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodkiller

I have done the Olympian elite2 & found the front section to be plastic and it ruined my impression of it. Is the Apollo going to be the same, or is it metal? I like the looks and think I can sell a few, but not if it is plastic. I almost sold the Olympian, but the plastic section killed the sale and I'd rather not waste the $ on the Apollo if it is the same.
Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
First off, it's a pen kit that sells for less than $20. I think it might be a bit unrealistic to expect something more significant than the price would warrant. That said, yes, there are definitely plastic parts. On the whole, I find the kits pretty much worth what they cost. The threads (both male and female) are plastic and there are definitely other plastic parts, particularly the trim on the body.

Hope this helps. Good luck

Last edited:

Woodkiller

Thanks Ted, that was what I was wanting to know. The Olympian I made just felt cheap and I really don't have any faith in the colored coating on the plastic lasting too long. I do realize the cost is not much, but there are many other kits in the same price range that have a lot less plastic in them and seem to be of better quality. Maybe the Olympians I did were not the best they have put out, I don't know, but I won't be buying any more of them.

Avbill, I was unaware of that, thank you for the info. I learned something else new today. :)

A waterman and monte blanc are all plastic too!

As are many vintage pens, and much of the current "kitless" crop. I think those of us who have gotten into "nice" pens, by way of component sets, develop a somewhat distorted view of what makes a quality pen. That's not a dig, as I count myself as part of that group.

Top Bottom