Apollo 180 in brass on Bocote

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from NJturner

NJturner

This is my first attempt at the new Apollo 180 kits. Those who followed my trials and tribulations (and mistakes) in the Apollo 180 thread will get some sense of what I went through to get this done. Amazing how pretty something can come out when you follow the right instructions! This is actually two developing skills with me - the Apollo kit and my continued foray into using Glu Boost versus my old pen finish of BLO / CA. I found the kit to be a good challenge - a nice step between a typical kit pen and my next challenge into a fully customized hand built (bespoke) writing instrument. I am learning some new skills with the Glu Boost - how to apply it, how much to apply, and ultimately how to get it to be super smooth and really shiny. Its a whole different look and finish to use than the BLO / CA I have put on many pens, but I am starting to like it.

Not sure I like a pen without a clip and finial, so might try some mods on this pen as I go. Enjoy!

Becote 2 pen - Apollo Fountain.jpg

bocote 3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nice looking pen, Kevin !!!!

So the cap-to-body threads are single start, eh ?

TDahl

I really like the Apollo kits. Your pen came our really nice! The finish turned out really well. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom