Anyone use the PSI Turn between centers madrel?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crashgtr

Hi Everyone,

I was making pens and wine stoppers over the winter in the garage and was using the PSI turn between centers mandrel. I had no issues.
Took a few weeks break to build up my supply of resin blanks and finally got a chance to do some turning last night.

I finished polishing a wine stopper I had left on the lathe then started to try and turn a quick sierra blank.

I noticed that the blank wasn't spinning. I took the blank off the turn between centers mandrel and turned on the lather again to make sure the head was spinning. It was spinning but as soon as there was any resistance on the mandrel in the headstock, the part of the mandrel that was supposed to spin did not.

I guess I was really tired when I tried this last night cause I just realized something very silly I had been trying to mount is with the morse tappers inserted opposite. Good thing I didn't do any turning last night- something bad could have happened.

lol

Have a great weekend

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gtriever

Been there, almost done that. I have a small tray in front of the lathe and the mandrel parts are located at opposite ends of the tray, with each right in front of where they go on the lathe.

Top Bottom