Anyone use a mini dust hood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

For their lathe? I'm talking about one of these.

Can you show me the reducer that goes from it to a shop vac hose?

I am having a really difficult time finding the correct adapter for this.
I tried a Powertec # 70136 adapter, but it doesn't fit, because it's the same size as the exhaust port on the rear of the hood.

My Shop-Vac hose is 2.5" by the way.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• minidusthood.jpg
    minidusthood.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 149
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

Most reducers are designed to go from hose to hose so you may need to attach a very short piece of 4" diameter hose (probably only 6" long) to the dust hood and then attach the reducer to the hose.

SCjim

I make my own adaptor. Turned a 1-1/2 thick piece of wood to the correct diameter (with slight taper) drilled a hole in the center the size of my shop vac hose. Cost, maybe 25 cents. LOL

leehljp

Member Liaison
Last edited:

Marmotjr

I just used a piece of 8" PVC pipe, cut in half, or there abouts. Glued and screwed a large piece of scrap onto the back, and drilled a 2.5" hole on the back for the DC hose to plug into. Built a small little arm so it mounts directly onto the ways next to the head stock, out of the way. Took about an hour to make, and was free as I had all the parts laying around.

As it's circular in shape, I can get the port right up to where I'm working, and the pipe wraps around, directing the air flow better, yet is still out of the way of my hands or tools.

Top Bottom