Anyone try this?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pshrynk

I was looking for one-step polish on Amazon because i don't feel like paying $9 to ship a $9 bottle from Penn State. They don't have it on Amazon, but I did find this: Novus 1, 2, & 3.

I have the #2 for scratches and have found it to be helpful, but this looks more like a system than i had thought. Has anyone used these and have an opinion?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

I stopped with Novus. I'm using an automotive light finishing compound. Can also use FLITZ. It is OneStep. Identical except for label
1577720731960.jpeg

Bob in SF

Hi Brian - I use the Novus system often to finish my Polyester Resin pens - works well for me.

I sometimes dry sand to 800 grit, then go straight to Hut Ultra-Gloss, then clean up with Novus 1 Plastic Clean and shine.

I agree with Louie - Meguiar's Automotive Plastic Polish also works well.

A little experimentation goes a long way.

Best regards for 2020! - Bob

bgio13

I've been using Novus 2 and 3 followed by Meguiars Plastix polish for a few years now and I love it. I start wet sanding with 400 and 600 sandpaper and then Abralon 1000, 2000 and 4000 then the polishes. Hope this helps,

Bill

EricRN

I haven't tried the Novus, but I've been pretty impressed with the Hut's Ultragloss. There have been times where I've gotten through the whole micromesh sequence and still saw tiny scratches left behind such that I was convinced I'd have to go back and sand all over again. But since I'm almost there anyway, I figure I'll see what Hut's can do before I start over. And, without fail, it somehow always manages to take the scratches off and still leave a more brilliant shine than just micromesh alone.

My typical sequence on plastics is to start sanding at p120. (Sometimes I'll go even coarser when I use the sand paper to shape. Maybe someday I'll get good enough with the skew to be able to start my sanding regimen at p180 or p240.) I dry sand to p320, then I wet sand p400 and p600. At that point, I switch over to micromesh. (I used to wet sand higher with sand paper, but I wasn't noticing much of a difference in final outcome.) I go through the whole micromesh sequence, wet sanding each time. Then I hit it with 3-6 coats of Huts, and then 3-4 thin coats of Renaissance Wax. I'm pretty happy with the results.

greenacres2

I've been using Novus for several months--after the finest grade of micromesh. Hard to believe how much better it gets running through the 3-2-1 process. Takes only a minute or two. On Inlace Acrylester or Tru-stone--it's my favorite ending.
earl

qquake

I used to use Novus, but found Meguiar's PlastX gives me the same results in one step.

Attachments

• 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 183
Top Bottom