Anyone tried this

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

If so what do you think of it? Site says it's for epoxy and urethane

AF125260-B9CD-4D1A-91D0-4DE6FEB7FC31.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

It says kit. What else comes with it? I haven't tried it but the Hut Plastic Polish I use does a great job on Urethane, Epoxy, CA, Brass and everything else I've put on my lathe.

jrista

Anything say what its made out of? What kind of grit it has?

I've tried a number of plastic/resin polishes. Not all are created equal...some to an excellent job, others not so much. I'm running low on my last polish, which does ok, but not great (although, I think its a much higher grit than the previous plastic polish I was using...so it may be more of a "final pass" kind of polish for ultra fine scratches). I recently picked up some Meguiar's polishes, on the recommendation of several people here in various threads since I joined. This stuff is intended to polish car paint jobs and the like, to that kind of super shiny glass-like showroom shine. I intend to use some of it on my car, but...I also am going to give it a whirl on some of my pens as well.

Anyway...Alumilite is in the business of resins. I would hope, if they provide a polish, that they would provide one that does a darn good job and ranks up there with the best. I'd check the grit, though... If it is an ultra high grit, you may want to pick up another polish to help at a moderately high grit level to take care of the fine scratches, and use the Alumilite for the ultra fine scratches.

KenB259

I've always used Meguiar's, just seen this last night and was wondering if anyone had tried it. I can't recall anyone here mentioning it.

Painfullyslow

I have not used that particular product but CA and Epoxy are both plastics and there is no need (in my opinion) for specialized polishes. I have done a lot of work on cars and motorcycles and used the Novus polishes so that is what I use on my pens with great results.

If it is good enough for exotic cars, it should be ok for pens =)

Top Bottom