Anyone need resin and dye in the SF Bay Area?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rolf

A couple of years ago I picked up a gallon of resin and a few bottles of dye in anticipation of making my own blanks. It's still sitting on the floor of my garage, and will probably continue sitting there for quite a while unless I do something with it. I don't foresee having time to make blanks any time soon, so I've decided to let these things go to someone that can use them.

If there's anyone in the area that would like to make the trip to Bay Point (between Concord and Pittsburg) to pick these things up, they can have it all for free. I think I spent about forty or fifty bucks on it at the time, so it's up to you if it's worth your time and the price of gas ( :().

All of the product is unopened, and none of it shows sign of leaking or age. I have no idea what the shelf life of these things is. If it's past it's prime and useless, maybe one of the experts here could share that information. If it's not useful to anyone, I'll take it to the toxic waste dump.

Reply here or by PM, I'll go by time stamps in either case. First come, first serve, as long as you're willing to come pick it up sometime soon.

Thanks!

its_virgil

You didn't say what kind of resin you have. According to one manufacturer of polyester resin the shelf life is 6 months from the date of manufacture. But, I've had some longer than 6 mos that worked fine and I've had some I couldn't use after just a couple of months. It may be fine. Give it to someone who uses if and they can try it out. The longer it sets the more likely it will be too old.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Rolf

I have no idea what the shelf life of these things is.

Top Bottom