Anyone meet any more?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Hintz

It doesn't look like the "local" chapter is that active, but I wanted to check just in case everyone meets at a usual spot without posting about it.

Still getting the wood and metal side of my shop set up (been a laserhead for a number of years)... you can see what I have from my sig. The two lathes are in pieces on the floor, but I hope to have that taken care of within the next week or so.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

snyiper

I think we have enough Marylanders to have an impromptu picknic some where just if nothing else gets some face time.

Russianwolf

The picnic last year was called off due to some life issues by the normal hosts. That being said, there's no reason that someone else can't host. I would if I thought people would drive to WV. :wink:

Druid

Well folks,
I would not mind hosting if you dont mind driving a mile past the last host location, I'll even throw in authentic New Orleans cuisine :)

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Well folks,
I would not mind hosting if you dont mind driving a mile past the last host location, I'll even throw in authentic New Orleans cuisine :)

ooOOoo! maybe we can drive down from New England for summa dat! :tongue:
You cooking, Jim?

Heya Dan .. nice to see you made it over to the 'Dark Side'
(you know me as Chuck over on SMC)

PR_Princess

Well folks,

ooOOoo! maybe we can drive down from New England for summa dat! :tongue:
You cooking, Jim?

Heya Dan .. nice to see you made it over to the 'Dark Side'
(you know me as Chuck over on SMC)

Ohhhh......I've heard about Jim's and Maggie's cooking!!!!! :eat:
Gained 10 just thinking about it!!

Got room for more????:biggrin:

Druid

Excellent,

It will have to be sometime after Memorial weekend when I return from Budapest, Vienna, and Naples for a month (couldnt help rubbing that in). And yes, I'm taking a suite case of my custom pens with me to street markets to peddle with the rest of the bazaar merchants... old school! LOL. But have no Monkey with a grinder :frown:

Jon, we don't need Gumbo or Etouffee for those budbugs, let's just boil em up and suck dem heads! :biggrin:

But we do cook up a mean batch of Grillades and Grits!!!! Of course you Northerners would'nt have the slightest clue what that is!:question:

Anyway, I'll post a weekend date for a Saturday and we'll have some Nawlins grub along with some steamed crabs, shrimp, burgers and dogs.

Charlie, I get up to West Hartford quite a bit, nice ride on the Harley... maybe we can hook up.

By the way, for those of you traveling distances you are always welcome to stay here, we have three guest rooms.

I'm still wondering if Dawn ever figured out why her vibrator wasnt working :eek:.... oooops, on her phone that is!:biggrin:

Druid

Absolutely!!!

I'll send an announcement out within this Chapter forum to include an RSVP sometime in April or early May.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
The solution is for someone from the group to step up, take initiative and set up a meeting. All chapters should have a leader or two chosen and should spend an hour or so every couple of months to set up a meeting if you want the chapter to continue. If you need my assistance with this, please contact me so I know what is going on.

If Jim is not available, in his absence, choose a stand in leader. It is riding season and he does have a bike so I can understand his wanting to get some wind, I know I try to at every chance.

Dan, nice to see you on this forum as well.

Last edited:

Draken

I've contacted Jim on Facebook and asked about the picnic a few weeks ago. Never got a response. His last login here was 06-15-2011. Doesn't look promising.

Dan Hintz

Looks like I started this and probably didn't return but maybe once afterwards... my bad. I spend too much time on some of the other forums, but now that I actually have a couple of pens under my belt, maybe I'll spend a bit more here. From the looks of it, I missed a BBQ in October (haven't even read the thread yet, just started writing in this one).

I need to meet some locals, get the creative juices flowing... and Peter, you don't count :wink:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I'm thinking a 2012 Spring meet sounds nice... anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

We've done a couple of spring picnic/BBQ (sorry, southerners, I meant to say 'grill') meetings the last couple of years that went really well.
Didn't hurt that they were at this nice place full of huge burls...
It was a New England chapter things, but I'm not sure if it is open to
other areas. That might be something to look into.

Dan Hintz

This changing handles between forum thing is going to lose what's left of my sanity, Chuck ;) At least avatars are similar..

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
This changing handles between forum thing is going to lose what's left of my sanity, Chuck ;) At least avatars are similar..

LOL .. only friends recognize the Facebook avatar..

Attachments

• fb avatar.jpg
    fb avatar.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 200

Dan Hintz

I would say we're all waiting for warmer weather, but lately it seems it's already here... today is supposed to be in the low 70's!!!

I'm up for something in the May timeframe... should be warm by then...

azamiryou

Bump. Anyone up for something this summer? Or should we wait until things start to cool off in the fall so we can be outside without either melting or being carried off by mosquitos?

IPD_Mr

The show is August 9th (Thursday until Sunday) thru August 12th.

It would be great to get a nice group together like we did back with Lou, Mike, Jon and Eagles family at Olive Garden. Would love to see Mike's well behaved family again. :tongue:

We have a few FP people that we are making plans with for dinner, but will be there the entire time so we are open to almost anything..

Top Bottom