Anyone make candles?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

My beautiful wife wanted to make sure I had something to open for Christmas. I have enough guitars, lathes, pen kits, essential oils, diffusers, aquariums, etc. So while searching for something about pens on YT, I found a DIY candle video. So I started watching, then I watched about two dozen more , dozens more after that

Now, I am the proud owner of everything one needs to make dozens of candles a week. I made about 20 so far. At least, there are economies of scale with this hobby. Anyway, my own plan is to give them as gifts which I have already done. The DIY candle world is has more opinions them penturners - arguments over wax, wicks, dyes, fragrance oils, essential oils, flashpoint, melting point, containers, pricing abound. I think that the members of FB groups that I joined are nice to me b/c I am among a small percentage of men (picture of one of my dogs is the avatar), otherwise they can get ornery- but all-in-all a nice group of people.

Anyway, if anyone else makes them, give me a holler.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

My wife is always buying scented candles. I should look at what it takes to make them. Lol
they are actually very economical to make and you don't need all of the equipment that i have. many folks that sell them use very ordinary equipment.

Candles, haven't done those but I have made soaps. Biggest arguments I see with candles is the type of waxes to use or what wicks are "best" based on design and application. It is a really cool hobby but right now I have enough and don't need to start another.

TonyL

Candles, haven't done those but I have made soaps. Biggest arguments I see with candles is the type of waxes to use or what wicks are "best" based on design and application. It is a really cool hobby but right now I have enough and don't need to start another.
Yes, lots of "controversary" over wax and wicks. Quite funny.

randyrls

Some friends of mine (now passed) ran a carved candle shop at Hershey Park PA. Their mastery of dipping and coloring candles was superb. I have several of their candles in my house including some table candles.

Carved candles are warmed, dipped in various colors of wax, and cut, twisted, and spiraled into various forms. They could add "windows" to the candle for weddings and anniversaries like a photo, name, or date.

TonyL

Some friends of mine (now passed) ran a carved candle shop at Hershey Park PA. Their mastery of dipping and coloring candles was superb. I have several of their candles in my house including some table candles.

Carved candles are warmed, dipped in various colors of wax, and cut, twisted, and spiraled into various forms. They could add "windows" to the candle for weddings and anniversaries like a photo, name, or date.
now that is true art and skill! I am just filling containers with melted wax, adding fragrance oil and color, and throwing a wick in it.

Top Bottom