Anyone know where I can get a nice treadle lathe?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SecLoSo

Opening up my own store and am looking at getting a really nice treadle lathe so I can turn, and do demonstrations while in a small building, obviously would clean up well after but don't want to loud noise and the fine dust that come with regular lathes + Im a huge history nerd and find them fascinating! Having a really tough time finding a really nice one and was wondering if the community knew of any? Im in South Florida personally but will happily drive across the country for the right one

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joebobber

I think there was 1 on Facebook marketplace awhile back. It was in California i believe. I think there are videos on YouTube on how to make one. I was interested in making 1 someday myself. Great for Renaissance festivals n stuff.

SecLoSo

I think there was 1 on Facebook marketplace awhile back. It was in California i believe. I think there are videos on YouTube on how to make one. I was interested in making 1 someday myself. Great for Renaissance festivals n stuff.
Agreed honestly just don't want to make one šŸ¤£

Robert Taylor

actually fourteen members of the Buckeye Woodturners built two treadle lathes about five years ago. We sold tickets and raffled one of them and the club no longer wants to keep the other. Their webpage is BWWT.us which will have contact info for the current officers.
IMG_8004.JPG
IMG_8005.JPG

darrin1200

In all honesty, the little Delta LA100 I started on, was pretty quiet. I actually used it in an apartment.
The noise from the motor was negligible, probably not as loud as a sewing machine. A lot more noise came from the tool cutting the material. And vibration of the machine on the table. I had to bolt it down solid.

Top Bottom