Anyone know of somewhere online to get something like iron stair railing?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

We've been looking into getting an iron screen door for our front door, and that led me to thinking that something similar might solve another need. We have a loft in our house, with a half height wall, that my cat loves to jump up on and sit on. It scares me when she does this because if she fell, it'd be a long drop down to the first floor. So I'd tried to think of ways to block her access, such as putting up room dividers in front of the half wall, but nothing was going to work. but then I saw that these iron places make stair railings that if the pattern was tight enough together, would work nicely- I just need to basically get rid of the ledge and make it something that if she tried to jump up to, she'd kind of be bounced back off of. But while the showroom we visited today had decent prices for the doors, they quoted us a price of $150 a foot, for something two feet tall, and they guy said that any time they do something inside a house, because of liability issues, the prices go up drastically. And they only sell stuff that they also install. Here's a link to she the kind of thing I want, just in some sort of tight pattern that a cat head won't fit through, and I need to have two sections, one almost 6 feet long and one about 8 feet long, both about 2 feet high. Anybody have any ideas of where I might find something like this that we could install ourselves for a much lower price?

Fencing - Iron Gates

LagniappeRob

Do you have any "architectural salvage" shops around? The ones here carry things like this, but may take some work to refit it.

BTW, I had a Basset Hound that used to sleep on the upstairs deck with his head hanging off - until he rolled over in his sleep one day. I saw him go by the window, and my heart was in my throat. Went running outside to find him standing there wondering what happened. The goofball had no injuries at all.

angboy

Thanks everyone! I'll look into what we might have locally as far as architectural salvage, but those lowes links also might give me some good options.

Top Bottom