Anyone in So Cal interested in connecting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jvisaac

I'm new to Pen turning and to this site but very interested in connecting face to face if anyone is interested. I don't mind trying to coordinate a meeting place and time if enough are interested. I'm in South Orange County but willing to travel within reason.

jsolie

I'd be interested. I can't host as I'm stuck somewhere in the middle of having some water damage repaired at my house (and the insurance company is moving at tectonic speed)

jvisaac

CKormann, I'm in Mission Viejo also. I'm near the Lake.

All,
Should we target sometime in June or July?
Please forward any ideas about what we should cover or we can just have an initial meet and greet type meeting to start. Something a little informal to get things started.

dcrwood

I'm new to pen turning. I would like to be apart of the meet up. I'm in North OC butt willing to travel. I send time in Corona Del Mar checking in on my grandmother.

iceman4160

Im in the Oxnard area. maybe we all should do an annual meet up to show our work maybe have a workshop setting. what do you all think?

Yablonsky

I think it's a good idea. I'd be willing. I only have my lathe in my garage but I could host if there aren't tooo many. Those that can't gather round the lathe can look through my RC toys and other stuff...LOL

I've got space to talk for about 6-8 at most

Ken

iceman4160

so it looks like we have several that are willing to meet up. lets plan something. who is willing to still host? I assume that the host will have to pick a date that they feel is best. my suggestion is a weekend if we can do that.

Looking for Woodworkers like myself in the Long Beach/Orange County area who would be interested in sharing shop space. Spaces are running around 1000-1200sqft with restrooms and some with office space. If broken into 3 to 4 spaces it's much more manageable rent wise.
Contact me either by phone (562)480-7173 or by email at markfraser@fraserwoodworks.com if interested.
Thanks

Randy92307

meeting up.... and I am back

Iam in apple valley, ive been gone from group but now back how about st sunday in June at Toms Farm in Corona ? or .....

Jim48s

SoCal group

I see a string of conversations, but they're all very old. Did anything become of this group? I am located in San Diego.

Yablonsky

Everyone seems to post here about every few months, but nothing has ever come of a meeting.

I'm still able to host a meeting.
I'm located in Aliso Viejo, CA, right where the 5 & 405 freeways join.

Ken

jvisaac

I started this thread in 2016 and it didn't get a lot of traction. It sounds like there are others willing to meet. A meeting of two still counts as a meet up right. Let's put something on the books. I'm in Mission Viejo so I think maybe Irvine Spectrum is a nice place to connect for a 1st gathering place. There is a new Starbucks there and it is close to the freeway for those that may be traveling. Anyone up for Saturday, Feb 16, 2019 at 8:00 AM?

Yablonsky

A general meetup would be great. I work in Irvine, so your suggestion is real close to me.

My thoughts on a meetup, were to meet somewhere with TOOLS.... :)
Perhaps someones shop where we could discuss setup or ???

I'm still up for my shop/garage where my tools are setup and if anyone wanted to bring over supplies, they could use the lathe and provide a workshop of sorts.

Ken

I started this thread in 2016 and it didn't get a lot of traction. It sounds like there are others willing to meet. A meeting of two still counts as a meet up right. Let's put something on the books. I'm in Mission Viejo so I think maybe Irvine Spectrum is a nice place to connect for a 1st gathering place. There is a new Starbucks there and it is close to the freeway for those that may be traveling. Anyone up for Saturday, Feb 16, 2019 at 8:00 AM?

RobS

I'm traveling to Colorado that weekend, but am up for another time in the future.
I'm in Carlsbad.

Yablonsky

Looks like the 9th came and went with no responses...
I ended up in the garage making a bowl and some beads with my leftovers from pens.

If anyone is still interested in meeting, just let me know.

Ken

penicillin

Looks like the 9th came and went with no responses...
I ended up in the garage making a bowl and some beads with my leftovers from pens.

If anyone is still interested in meeting, just let me know.

Ken
I saw the 9th, but was not available that day. I am very busy right now. I live near Disneyland.

naynay

Just joined the forum after making my first pen. I wanted to know if there is still some interest in a So Cal meet up. I live in San Diego.

penicillin

I might be interested in a future meet up, but do not have any free time right now. I live near Disneyland.

Yablonsky

I'm still available and still willing/able to host with my lathe and tools. I'm available most weekends.
I live in Aliso Viejo, which is South of Disneyland and North of San Diego.
If interested, just reply back a few dates and let's see if we can find one that works for everyone.

Ken

naynay

Ken. Very nice of you. I need to buy some materials first. I have just made my first pen so I am new to this. I will keep an eye on this thread now that I know it's active.

Yablonsky

Awesome to hear. I've made about 338 pens and about a dozen bowls and beads from my left-overs now and it's only been about 2 years.
I've tapered off some, but it's always nice when I am able to get in the garage for therapy.

RobS

I'm in Carlsbad. I'm slammed right now with family events. I'm here if you guys have any questions. I'm up for meeting later in the year.

Top Bottom