Anyone in far west Kentucky?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Is there anyone except jnelson and myself on here from Kentucky west of say Bowling Green? Would like to see another pen turner face to face and pick his/her brains. Does KY have any meetings?

Charles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Yes there are meetings. Problem is everyone is not close. We have them Down in Knifley, Louisville, and Santa Claus IN. Bowling Green isn't far. Just a few hours. We're planning on having another meeting before XMas. Just hard to schedule as everyone is doing shows.

dshartin

Western KY

I am new to thiss pen turning and Forum stuff. I live in Madisonville and work a bunch in Loiusville. I would love to attend a meeting if one comes together.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
We're gonna attempt to have a meeting in late January. I'll post all the info when I get the details ironed out. Good to see some fresh faces from the Hillbilly state:biggrin:.

ctubbs

We're gonna attempt to have a meeting in late January. I'll post all the info when I get the details ironed out. Good to see some fresh faces from the Hillbilly state:biggrin:.
You may be a hillbilly, but here in the south we is rednecks, and doooonnnnn'ttt ye fergetit.:biggrin::biggrin:
Charles from Southern Western Kentucky

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Hey Charles, are you closer to Louisville or Knifley. Gonna start organizing a meeting for late Januaryish. Will let yall know the details very soon.

hotwire55

Is there anyone except jnelson and myself on here from Kentucky west of say Bowling Green? Would like to see another pen turner face to face and pick his/her brains. Does KY have any meetings?

Charles

I recently joined and I'm from Wingo, Ky I am a new turner and have decided that pens would be interesting, I've only made 5 pins so far and they are all Comfort style in Zebrawood. I recently purchased some Cocobola and am looking forward to turning this wood. I am 64 yrs young and retired from Goodyear, U.C. Tn. I go by hotwire55 Thanks!

Dbakepah1

Western KY

I know this is an old thread but I am hoping there are still active members in a Western KY. I would love it if there were meetings for pen turners in the area. I am in Paducah.

Dbakepah1

Dean, I visit the Woodcraft when I make it to Lexington. That store has some great folks there. I wish they were closer to me but I get there when I can. Enjoy!

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Oldham County isn't far. i race almost all summer, but wouldn't mind getting together one saturday or Sunday

chris_hurst

Hello from Central KY!

I live in Georgetown, just north of Lexington and I just got into pen turning. I've been a woodworker for close to 2 years.

If any of you are looking a great wood source that's not woodcraft/rockler or something found online, stop by Branch 'n Bark in Lexington. Luke's a great guy and loves what he does.

https://www.branchandbarksawmill.com

Also, several of us woodworkers/makers are starting to meetup on a regular basis. our next meetup is going to happen sometime in March. Please let me know if you are interested in the event and I'll share the details here.

Anyhow, I'm really glad penturners.org exists. really looking forward to soaking up as much knowledge as possible!

Instagram: @christerphor.hurst

Top Bottom