Anyone else?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pshrynk

I just finished my Xmas turning this weekend. 4 backscratchers, 3 rings, 4 essential oil pendants, and a Steampunk pen. No partridges or sapient pearwood, either.

I haven't been around much lately. I had back surgery for my spinal stenosis and just now am back to work. I'm just appalled that y'all didn't stop posting while I was gone so that I wouldn't have so much thread browsing to do!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Good Yule, and enjoyable whatever other holidays you want to throw at us.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

OK, now tell us what "sapient" means .... yeah, yeah, something to do with "knowing/wise" .... but how does that apply to a pear tree ?

Anyway, Happy Holidays to you also .... and to everyone else.

I think in the New Year, I am going to suggest that Jeff start a forum called "Cunning Words".

howsitwork

Happy Christmas, happy Hanukkah, happy Dewali and if I've missed any festivals out have a good one for them too.🥳

What do you mean stop posting Brian ?

Cant you support an ipad in bed recovering?? 🤨🤨

What were you reading instead of the website? 🤔🤔

I tKe it from the comment you're a Terry Pritchett fan then?

Cheers to all

pshrynk

OK, now tell us what "sapient" means .... yeah, yeah, something to do with "knowing/wise" .... but how does that apply to a pear tree ?

Anyway, Happy Holidays to you also .... and to everyone else.

I think in the New Year, I am going to suggest that Jeff start a forum called "Cunning Words".
Happy Christmas, happy Hanukkah, happy Dewali and if I've missed any festivals out have a good one for them too.🥳

What do you mean stop posting Brian ?

Cant you support an ipad in bed recovering?? 🤨🤨

What were you reading instead of the website? 🤔🤔

I tKe it from the comment you're a Terry Pritchett fan then?

Cheers to all
Sapient pearwood is the wood from a pear tree grown in an environment with a strong level of background energy. Luggage made from sapient pearwood will be viciously loyal to its owner and follow you anywhere. Which can come in handy if you are ever cast down into Hell, as you will always have clean underwear.

Sir Terry Pratchett wrote forty plus books set on the Disc World, where magic is real and there are all sorts of strange and wonderful tales to be told. It all started with The Colour of Magic and went on from there. Sapient pearwood was introduced in the first book in the form of the Luggage, probably the most irritable and homicidal travel accessory in all of literature.

Yes. Massive fan.

magpens

@pshrynk

OK .... I get it !!

Well .... no, I don't !!

But that doesn't matter .... Thanks anyway for the explanation ! . I am a book lover also ..... but not quite that genre !

howsitwork

Sapient pearwood is the wood from a pear tree grown in an environment with a strong level of background energy. Luggage made from sapient pearwood will be viciously loyal to its owner and follow you anywhere. Which can come in handy if you are ever cast down into Hell, as you will always have clean underwear.

Sir Terry Pratchett wrote forty plus books set on the Disc World, where magic is real and there are all sorts of strange and wonderful tales to be told. It all started with The Colour of Magic and went on from there. Sapient pearwood was introduced in the first book in the form of the Luggage, probably the most irritable and homicidal travel accessory in all of literature.

Yes. Massive fan.
Ahh a fellow believer !

My favourite is the cherry tree of Lu Tse the monk in Thief of time.

although Granny Weatherwax is another favourite character along with Sir Samuel Vimes of course

PreacherJon

Everything I planned to do in the shop is done. Hoping to get a torpedo type kerosene heater for the garage/shop for Christmas so I can continue turning out preacher/missionary pens soon. I also want to turn all the Mother's Day presents this coming year for the church... those are most of my shop plans.

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Jesus Day to all.

Top Bottom