Anyone done a slimline pro as single tube

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Roger Schlenz

Has anyone out there done a Slimline Pro as a single tube, with an Schmidt SKM-88 clicker? If so, what was the overall pen length?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Yes. . Quite a few members of IAP have made the Slimline Pro as a single-barrel pen, instead of as a double-barrel pen (which is the original design).

I believe there is an article in "Resources" about doing this. . Please do a search for it as I cannot remember the title or the author.

I do it. . It is quite easy. . I have not yet done it using the SKM-88 clicker. . However, member named Dieseldoc has and recently presented some pictures of this work. . I will try to find the link to that thread. .

Here it is but there are no details of his method or his sizes.

Kenny Durrant

I have made a couple. I don't know the measurement but it's the same overall length of the original 2 tubes and the center band. If you change that length the cartridge will not extend to the proper distance. In fact what I did was use the original tubes and center band or coupler and press the three together. That was the length I made the New tube. I then ground down the coupler so it was the same diameter of the 7mm tubes. That way it would slide inside the new tube. Turn the blank with the new tube and when finished glue the top half, clip end, into the blank. The bottom half with the coupler will float. That way you can unscrew the nib end to change the cartridge.

PatrickR

Has anyone out there done a Slimline Pro as a single tube, with an Schmidt SKM-88 clicker? If so, what was the overall pen length?
Yes, I have made quite a few. You can make them most any length you want by adding a spacer. I would have to pull some out and measure but without a spacer they are fairly short, pocket length. I got some aluminum tube from a hobby store that the stem of the clicker slips into and cut to length for the proper protrusion.

Top Bottom