Anybody make pen stands?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dan Masshardt

Dan Masshardt

Does anybody regularly make and or sell pen stands? Not to display your pens at a show but something for a single pen on a desk. It seems like some people buy nicer rollerball or fountain pens to leave / display at their desk and it would be nice to offer something.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Charlie (NewLondon88) did make some single acrylic stands. I've sold 2-3 of them to people for just what you are talking about. PSI also has a nice one that holds the pen and cap seperately.

NittanyLion

Funny you ask Dan, I've got 2 getting the lacquer on now. They are pretty crude, but a request from a customer. I made her 2 fewthered Aero's from a walnut log off her family's estate. She specifically asked for a stand made from the rough cut log with just lacquer, no brass or other hardware......not even sanded. We'll see how it turns out, probably complete tomorrow.

I have made stands, CSUSA has the hardware kits. I found a few ideas on YouTube a few months ago....probably still there.

OOPS

I wish I could remember who has these, but I remember there is a wooden pen case that is hinged so the top of the case swings around and becomes the base, and the pen case becomes a display. It holds a single pen. I am sure if you look for pen cases from the usual places you will see it. It is made from two-tone wood, if I remember correctly. I hope this helps, or someone else can tell us where these are sold.

BlackbuttWA

Didn't like the plastic one, so made these from scraps.
Very cheap, quick & very easy.
Col

2013-05-29 07.01.34.jpg

2013-05-29-06.58.56a.jpg

2013-05-29-06.59.19a.jpg

sbwertz

It is very easy to turn a pen stand like this one that holds a pen and business cards. Lee valley makes a "plugger" bit that drills a hole that just matches the taper on a pen.

penstand.jpg

IMG_2296.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom