Anybody heard from Fred in NC?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

I was thinking about the carbide barrel trimmer from PSI that I will hopefully be receiving tomorrow, and remembered a thread that Fred had started about his barrel trimming technique. That lead me to realize that I haven't seen any posts from him for a while. I know he was retiring, but I didn't realize he was retiring from pen turning too! :D I hope he's just off enjoying life!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

Hello everyone ! I am well, although a bit tired, thank you!

Yes, I did retire, and had plans to travel a bit, which I have done. Then I decided to move, and that is where mayhem started. It has taken a lot of time, and I am still not completely set up. I have not turned a single pen this year.

My new shop is almost complete, and I will be turning pens, and making tools (indexing plate, mini beading tools, etc.) very soon. I will keep all posted!

Please note my new email address. I am still in NC.

Best regards !!! Fred in NC

Daniel

Hey Fred, thanks for popping in. I can feel for you with the shop set up thing. mine started with digging holes. I think i'll be to tired to make pens for a while when it is done. getting close myself though, I actually have equipment in it. no walls yet.

Fred in NC

Hello again !!!

Finally I have some more micro beading tools. It took a while to get them thru the hardening process, which was done by a professional metallurgic place. They tested at 58 Rockwell or better.

I will be ready to ship later this week !!!!
--------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom