Any one try these Diamond Holograph Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Tony; I have done several of these. They DO make an impressive pen and the ad is correct; the photo does not do them justice. The sparkles occasionally tend to be more on one side of the blank than the other.

They are NOT easy blanks. The blank tends to be brittle and the sparkles leave tiny pits in the blank. You will need to use a CA finish to fill the pits to get a polished surface.

The finished result is excellent though.

LouCee

I had the same experience as Randy, needed to use CA for a smooth finish. Usually inlace acrylester polishes up nice without CA but these are a little different. Very nice when done.

TonyL

Thank you. I bought one from Rockler today; they only had black diamond. Fritz from Woodturningz says you don't have to back paint. I may just paint the tubes. What do you think? And thanks again!

Gary Beasley

Have you got any in tube casting materials yet? I've done sparklies like that by gluing glitter to the tube and clear casting it. Works best with kits with some meat on it so to speak as the glitter does lay on a bit thick. Wall Streets look great with it.

Top Bottom