Any one doing pens for troops

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
There is one guy in Milwaukee who turns in 1000 every year (he has friends that turn them to help).
If you are looking for someplace to donate to, I guarantee Dave's pens make it to the troops!!!

FWIW,
ED

wouldentu2?

I have done a few this year
IMG_20200825_091334_432.jpg

penicillin

Our woodworking/woodturning club has a very active pen turning program for the troops. They provide pen kits and blanks to members, and the members return the finished pens, which are gathered and distributed to our active duty military and veterans. The pen program is still active, despite the fact that our club is holding virtual Zoom meetings. They would love to receive your donation and make sure it gets to our troops.

https://ocwoodworkers.org/Pen_Program.html

PM sent with contact information.

TonyL

I help out with "Turn for the Troops" Pens. These photos were taken at the local Woodcraft in Harrisburg PA.
https://susquehannawoodturners.org/...e-troops-2020-at-woodcraft/dscn2038-2117.html

I made 5 pens and mentored at least a dozen people to make pens.

Later I thought this wasn't enough, so I made these pens in my workshop in the last two weeks.
View attachment 291169
Nice idea turning beads (?) toward the nib. I bet many of the troupes wear gloves. This may help them grip the pens.

randyrls

Nice idea turning beads (?) toward the nib. I bet many of the troupes wear gloves. This may help them grip the pens.
HI Tony; It is a PSI Finger Grip Tool. It makes evenly spaced grooves. Try not to go too deep in case the wood breaks off between the grooves. I then wire burn the grooves.

magpens

@randyrls

Very nice work and nice gesture to give those pens to the troops !!! . Thanks for showing !!!

Randy ... what pen kit did you use for the above group of 20 pens ?

randyrls

@randyrls

Very nice work and nice gesture to give those pens to the troops !!! . Thanks for showing !!!

Randy ... what pen kit did you use for the above group of 20 pens ?
Mal; They are just slimlines. I turn them a little fat with a recess at the joint between nib and cap, and eliminate the centerband. Kind of a variation on the PSI Comfort. I thought of making click pens, but I know the ones that last are too much.

Top Bottom