Any interest in a community-supported pen information app + website?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

Well, the time to get this app off the ground hasn't really materialized. I've done some design work, but, I am not sure when I'll really be able to invest the time. Starting a business has taken a lot more time than I had originally expected, still dealing with some of the previously mentioned stuff (which has repeatedly been hampered by rainy weather), and trying to build out enough inventory for the holiday season has been taking up all my time.

That said, I still needed to do something to get quick access to the pen kit details I needed. So, I went low-tech...and it actually has been working out really well. I will probably be re-printing and laminating a newer version of this with more information (i.e. tube lengths as well as diameters, and better and more thorough blank sizes), but this current version (which I'll soon be hanging on a pegboard behind my lathe) has been a godsend:

IMG_20231011_193853.jpg

I no longer have to spend a lot of time digging around for drill and bushing specs. Since I mostly cut my blanks using my bandsaw blank crosscut sled using tubes plus a spacer for direct measurement right off the tube, I don't actually need tube details most of the time. Further this is always right in front of my face, and being laminated its quite durable. These are the kits I mostly turn (and there are some more on the other side, and more room to fill out even more), so I am in business for a while.

I guess I'll see if, in the long term, investing in an app beats this or not... Interestingly, an app would be more work, whereas this...is just a glance and a moment to find what I need...

Top Bottom