Any happy pen wizard users. Please share your exp.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I turn mostly acyclic, very little wood. it looks like a nice device. What do you think>

Lathe: JET 1221VMS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Thanks Larry. Last night I read most of the posts within the forum. I am not really into CA yet (made about 4 pot of 60 pens), but it looked like a fun way to add interest to a pen. Thanks again!

KBs Pensnmore

Got one and love it. One of the first things to get once you've got it set up properly, is a buffing wheel preferably triple. It gets a really good finish on wood. You could also do it on acrylics and fill in with a coloured resin or leave as a texture.
Kryn

walshjp17

Just bought one about six weeks ago. Still learning how to use it, but so far there is more to like about it than not. Still trying to work out depth control and required blank thicknesses for the various patterns.

Would love to get together with more experienced folks to share experiences.

Dai Sensei

I've had one for years with great results. Just remember small cuts with sharp bits. Biggest problem was sanding and finishing them. Generally I still to hand sanding and then finish by buffing with wax, wipe-on-poly, spray with lacquer, even wiped on glass coat.

Last edited:

TonyL

Thank you. I guess there is no efficient way to sand within the grooves.

Top Bottom