Any guesses?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Todd in PA

I wonder if anyone here knows what I made here. It has a specific use, though I've never used or even seen one before. My BIL asked for it specifically. I worked off the picture.
9FA22D89-9473-4D9A-BC03-8AB3B76B82E2.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

It's being held like a club but that's probably too obvious. I'll guess it's some sort of grinding tool. Used to grind grain or some other hard object.

1080Wayne

My best guess would be that it is the pestle of a utensil designed to extract juice from some type of fruit . The mortar portion is probably a round holed screen with a hole size to retain seeds and skin while allowing juice and pulp an exit .

Valleyboy

I guess it could be a number of things, but I'm going for a traditional potato masher.
Only because I was asked to make some for some local women when I first started wood turning, and they looked pretty much exactly like that.

Apparently that's how they were made before the more modern versions with holes in them.

Am I close?

zig314159

It is a replica of the first atom smasher, invented in Borneo in the 1500's. Dr. Fermi and other scientists improved the process during the 1940's. You did a nice job of constructing it.

Woodchipper

For some unknown reason, it is called a priest. It's used to dispatch toothy fish as muskie and pike. Did I win? What was the prize?

Top Bottom