Antony Jr from Signature Pen Supply

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edstreet

This is a review I have been waiting to post, the hold up has been on selection of a blank to match it. I decided on using a banksia pod blank from "another dealer"

This pen kit is the same as the Jr Aaron with the exception of the trim on the ends and the center band.

For many of the issues, such as alignment points, VPD process used please see the link above.

On this we have a unique look since it uses Gold and black Titanium. Which is unique in it's own right.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The center band, along with both ends of the pen use a series of circles. I believe it has some meaning but that meaning eludes me at this point. I know the emperor series symbol means 'long life' but this one I will have to post back on this thread when I figure it out, again.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This kit features a dayacom nib which is yowo branded and made in germany. This nib is also #35.

Some reference points:
#5 nibs: length: 2.5cm /shoulder width: 7mm /base width: 5mm /fits a 5mm feed

#5.5 nibs: length: 2.6cm /shoulder width: 7mm /base width: 5mm /fits a 5mm feed

#35 nibs (also known as #6): length: 3.5cm /shoulder width: 9mm /base width: 6.3mm /fits a 6.3mm feed

The nib itself is a #35 size (#6 by many in the pen kit community) made by Jowo and stamped with the Dayacom logo. *(Yes there has been confirmation that indeed Dayacom does and has been using Jowo to make their nibs)

Also we see the revised end cap that allows clearance of the international standard converter with out having to remove the spring.

The addition of different plate types may bring additional fame to this kit as for me it was a difficult choice of what to add to it. Dayacom list this for Rhodium, Black Ti, Chrome and Gun Metal but even with those it may still need some additional type of plating.

Attachments

• IMG_5445.jpg
    IMG_5445.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 765
  • IMG_5446.jpg
    IMG_5446.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 713
  • IMG_5438.jpg
    IMG_5438.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 797
  • IMG_5448.jpg
    IMG_5448.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 732
  • IMG_5447.jpg
    IMG_5447.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 811
  • IMG_5333.jpg
    IMG_5333.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 741
Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Vic

I'm not a gold fan and, had I ordered this kit, I'd have opted for black titanium and chrome. That said I'd love to use this with a chunk of Cholla Cactus Root Ball. Great looking pen...

Chromey

Currently working on one...like the look. Will be getting another....haven't finished first yet and friend wants one. I'll post a pic when it's finished, 1st one is in a redwood spalted burl. Got started..wife had car issues, etc, etc. Also medical condition slows me down. and the meds.

Top Bottom