Antler Tip Key Chain

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithlong

keithlong

I had this end of the detachable kry chain left so i decided to put it on an antler tip to see how it looks and I am well pleased with it, i will be making mor in the future.

pens061.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Nice work, I have made a bunch of those recently and have more tubes glued up to make more. They are fun.

hewunch

I just use a regular key chain kit and just drill about 3/8" down. Glue in the tube, then cut it off. Press in the part with the hole and you are done. I don't even try to match up the diameter, I just square it up with the pen mill and press it in.

JohnU

I just use a regular key chain kit and just drill about 3/8" down. Glue in the tube, then cut it off. Press in the part with the hole and you are done. I don't even try to match up the diameter, I just square it up with the pen mill and press it in.

I have made about 100 of these. I do the same except I sand the ridge off the cut edge with my belt sander, rolling it as I go to give the antler a rounded lip and not a sharp edge. I also use the standard key chain set. I think the pressed cap is smaller than the one above and I dont have to worry about it being bigger than the antler diameter. I usually give them away to people that give me antler or my hunting friends. Ive included them with antler pen donations also. It makes a nice set for auctions.

Top Bottom