Antler Blanks Needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

7964Jy

Hello, I am in need to purchase four deer antler blanks cut and pre-drilled for the Duraclick EDC pen kit to turn for our local volunteer fire department raffle late in July.

I have antlers that could be sent to you or would purchase the cut and pre-drilled blanks you have.

Appreciate any replies.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alan Morrison

Hello Betty, and welcome to the forum.
How about introducing yourself?

I can't help with your query, wrong country.

Alan

boatemp

Try a supplier. I know Woodturningz has them pre drilled and I imagine Exotic Blanks and PSI would have them as well.

7964Jy

Try a supplier. I know Woodturningz has them pre drilled and I imagine Exotic Blanks and PSI would have them as well.
Thanks for suggestions. Those you mentioned not have what is needed. They are all great companies.

7964Jy

How long and what size hole? I may be able to lend a hand
Hello, the Duraclick EDC needs an 8 mm drill bit for the drilled hole and the tube length is 2.769" and I would need at least 1/16" or little more for squaring blanks to the tube.

I am hoping to get 4 pre-drilled antler blanks. Is this something you might have available? Thank you for your consideration of this thread.

Joebobber

Hello, the Duraclick EDC needs an 8 mm drill bit for the drilled hole and the tube length is 2.769" and I would need at least 1/16" or little more for squaring blanks to the tube.

I am hoping to get 4 pre-drilled antler blanks. Is this something you might have available? Thank you for your consideration of this thread.
I just got a bunch of antlers to cut up, but they're all pretty small, i will check if i can get you that many. I should be able to, but never know. I haven't really looked at all of them. Do you want me to drill them out or are you going to and just need the antler?

7964Jy

I just got a bunch of antlers to cut up, but they're all pretty small, i will check if i can get you that many. I should be able to, but never know. I haven't really looked at all of them. Do you want me to drill them out or are you going to and just need the antler?
Thanks for your reply! Yes, I am needing them cut and drilled both. Thanks for checking to see if you have Antler for that size needed. I look forward to your reply.

Joebobber

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I am needing them cut and drilled both. Thanks for checking to see if you have Antler for that size needed. I look forward to your reply.
I will get back to you tomorrow afternoon/ evening sometime to let you know for sure. We are putting back together my old 4 wheeler tomorrow. My son has been bugging me for years to fix it. Lol. Hopefully tomorrow after we get it all back together it starts!

Joebobber

Just a warning though, I usually cut antler long so i hope you got a good trimmer to square them up. But i can always cut a bit off them too.

Joebobber

I did 5 just incase something happens to 1 of them,and they are 3-3½" long so you can position the tube where you need to get the most meat. They are drilled out 8mmm. I pmed you also.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220703-113900_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20220703-113900_Messages.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 52
Top Bottom