Antique Brass Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KMCloonan

KMCloonan

Several IAP members (including myself) have recently been showcasing some of the Exotic Blanks Diamond Knurl Rollerball pens in Antique Brass, as they look fabulous.

I wanted to also showcase a Cigar pen from Exotic Blanks that also boasts a nice Antique Brass plating. I made this pen with a Turkish Walnut blank from Steven Davis. I polished the pen to a glossy finish, then worked my way back down the micromesh grits to a soft satin finish to complement the antique brass.

This kit also comes in Antique Silver which is equally nice.

001.JPG

003.JPG

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    589.2 KB · Views: 45
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

derekdd

Beautifully done.

You work your way back down the micro mesh grits. What point do you stop?

egnald

Very Nice. I really like the wood and the satin finish. It goes very nicely with the plating.
Cigar is on the top of my list as a favorite kind of kit and I especially like those that feature something other than the typical black center band. Nicely executed as well. It looks from your pictures that you use Ed's Improved Fit bushing set correct?

Regards,
Dave

KMCloonan

Very Nice. I really like the wood and the satin finish. It goes very nicely with the plating.
Cigar is on the top of my list as a favorite kind of kit and I especially like those that feature something other than the typical black center band. Nicely executed as well. It looks from your pictures that you use Ed's Improved Fit bushing set correct?

Regards,
Dave
I did use the improved bushings.

sorcerertd

Nice pen, and I do like that satin finish. I, too, noticed that the lower barrel was turned down further than the standard bushings. They look much better that way.

The cigar is definitely a classic style. I like them better than the sierras and have a few of these EB version kits, too. I definitely agree that the cigars look better without the black bands. The two tone finishes are nice, but I do tend to favor the antique finishes overall. The one I had a blowout on yesterday was going to be on that same kit.

Top Bottom